Improve Change of Direction Response Time
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb494967
New

France

Hi Everyone,

I just received my new mavic 2 days ago and so far it is a wonderful drone! I just happen to notice the following todaya nd I was wondering if anyone has a setting solution or so...

Weather conditions: Ideal with clear blue sky and no wind
Fly mode: normal with multi flight mode enabled

Basically when I push the stick to full forward on the remote the drone takes speed when it reaches it's cruising speed, I keep the stick in full forward and I operate a 180° turn. Basicaly the drone is going away from me, I make it turn 180° so that it comes back towards me with its nose facing me (hope it is self explanatory). I have noticed the hovering/glide for the drone to actually start coming back towards me is quite long and can be dangerous if flying close to buildings or so... Same thing if I go full forward and after it takes some speed I then order full backwards... The time for the drone to stop is quite long...

Is there any way to improve that? For exemple when flying in Sport mode it is very responsive and I do not exprience such issue...

Any assistance much appreciated!

All the best!
2017-1-4
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

I don't think there's any way around that. With full forward, the drone has a lot of momentum. There are no tires touching the ground that it can use to brake. There are no wings to bank against the air. That's probably as good as it can do.
2017-1-4
Use props
Samuel24
New

France

JasonMBryant Posted at 2017-1-4 06:40
I don't think there's any way around that. With full forward, the drone has a lot of momentum. There are no tires touching the ground that it can use to brake. There are no wings to bank against the air. That's probably as good as it can do.

Thanks a lot for your answer! I was hoping that with all the possibilities to change the settings there would be a way to improve that...
2017-1-4
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

One way to slightly improve stopping distance is to apply throttle (left stick up) at the same time that you apply backwards stick, if you don't mind the Mavic also ascending while braking.
2017-1-4
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

It´s pure physics ................ You cannot beat inertia .......... best way: go forward AGAINST the wind and home WITH the wind (if possible for the mission´s task). Or do as Jason said.

Anyway, You have to do one change in the Mavic-settings to improve stopping in front of obstacles: turn up breaking-power for obstacle avoidance to 130% (instead of default 100%). CAUTION: works only in forward flight ! (no sensors for obstacle-avoidance at backward/sideway flying !)
2017-1-4
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I'm guessing they could find a way to make it bank on aggressive turns, e.g. when applying full yaw at full speed, but then you're turning an AP craft into a quasi-race quad.  I sort of like the balance right now.
2017-1-4
Use props
Samuel24
New

France

Thanks a lot for all your inputs! Very much appreciated! I quite like the alternative of Jason and will try it out.

All the best!
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules