Mavic and Permission To Fly (PFAW) - CAA UK
871 2 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gslick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

Do you have to tell the CAA immediately about the flying the Mavic or do you wait until you have to renew it again?

Getting it commercially insured and will update my Operations Manual, not sure if I should inform the CAA as the PFAW is based on weight not aircraft.

Thanks

2017-1-4
Use props
AyrshireUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My understanding of the legislation is that you notify your insurer, the company who you send your Ops Manual to and of course update your manual accordingly.  The CAA only need informed directly if you intend flying over your permitted aircraft weight.  So you can have multiple crafts in the same spec and need only contact the CAA yearly on renewal etc.  Hope this helps.
2017-1-4
Use props
gslick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

AyrshireUAV Posted at 2017-1-4 14:03
My understanding of the legislation is that you notify your insurer, the company who you send your Ops Manual to and of course update your manual accordingly.  The CAA only need informed directly if you intend flying over your permitted aircraft weight.  So you can have multiple crafts in the same spec and need only contact the CAA yearly on renewal etc.  Hope this helps.

I thought that as well, thanks
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules