Stop RC charging devise
1458 10 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
High Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 944642 ft
United Kingdom

Is it possible to stop the P4P from charging my iPad pro 9.7" as its killing the RC battery ?

2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The current is little. You don't need to worry about it. I'd suggest you to full charge the device, RC and aircraft battery before your flight.
2017-1-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's just a trickle - not enough to charge the ipad, just enough for it to register as charging.
2017-1-5
Use props
High Flyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-5 02:39
The current is little. You don't need to worry about it. I'd suggest you to full charge the device, RC and aircraft battery before your flight.

Current is actually quite a lot. 5 batteries on my P4P can draw my RC down to 50%. I used to get maybe double that on my P4, Is this short life of an RC battery normal or have I a faulty RC ?
2017-1-5
Use props
High Flyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-5 02:39

Some figures to help illustrate: I've been told that P4 RC and P4P RC have the same capacity battery and the same power drain when in use. To fly my P4 until battery low took approx 7.5% power drop on my iPad pro 9.7". To fly a full battery in the same way with my P4P, uses 3.5% - 4% powerdrop on same ipad. To say current from P4P is little isn't really correct in this case. Is it possible that maybe the P4P RC battery is fine but the circuitry is faulty to cause too much power to be pushed from the RC to the iPad ?
End result is that I was getting near on twice as many flights from my P4 than my P4P with the same amount of power draw from the RC ?  
2017-1-5
Use props
marksy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42792 ft
Australia

Chop the + or - cable inside the iPad cable.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

High Flyer Posted at 2017-1-5 11:12
Current is actually quite a lot. 5 batteries on my P4P can draw my RC down to 50%. I used to get maybe double that on my P4, Is this short life of an RC battery normal or have I a faulty RC ?

Sorry for the reply.
How long it takes to deplete after full charge?
2017-1-10
Use props
High Flyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 00:18
Sorry for the reply.
How long it takes to deplete after full charge?

I don't know if it was a glytch with my controler. Without aircraft present I previously plugged ipad into controler and it charged ipad for about 15 mins and put 10-15% percent charge into ipad until I unplugged it. Controler did not beep and turn off as it should have. After a total discharge cycle I got 8 full flights to discharge to 50%. Then without aircraft present I plugged controler into ipad and controler kept beeping and switching off as it should. Hopefully a glytch but not happy it happened at all.
Another issue now lol, DJI sent me prop guards (type with protruding part that hinges underneath to clips) advertised for phantom 4 series and there is no way they will fit my P4P. Do I take it that phantom series doesn't include P4P ?
2017-1-17
Use props
High Flyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

marksy Posted at 2017-1-6 01:10
Chop the + or - cable inside the iPad cable.

Did that, chopped the + red wire, that stopped the two connecting. wasted cable. Didn't try just - as the power appears to be required to allow connection
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

High Flyer Posted at 2017-1-17 14:14
I don't know if it was a glytch with my controler. Without aircraft present I previously plugged ipad into controler and it charged ipad for about 15 mins and put 10-15% percent charge into ipad until I unplugged it. Controler did not beep and turn off as it should have. After a total discharge cycle I got 8 full flights to discharge to 50%. Then without aircraft present I plugged controler into ipad and controler kept beeping and switching off as it should. Hopefully a glytch but not happy it happened at all.
Another issue now lol, DJI sent me prop guards (type with protruding part that hinges underneath to clips) advertised for phantom 4 series and there is no way they will fit my P4P. Do I take it that phantom series doesn't include P4P ?

Sorry you cannot use the prop guards for P4 on P4P.
2017-1-19
Use props
fans6b13644b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105203 ft
Sweden

I experience the same, rc from my P4a is charging ipad too much; battery drain on the RC is obvious and noticable. That was NOT the case on my P4:
I have great battery on the ipad but it is not being used because RC is keeping it full whole the time and drains down much faster.
Dji should made this possible to shut down or battery on the p4a/p4p is weaker then it was on P4.
2017-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules