compass locked error phantom 3 standard.
1947 5 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stuh2o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20312 ft
United States

After calibrating my compass with no errors my copter would not fire the motores and the app gave a compass locked error and said restart or contact DJI.
Restarting 3 time finally allowed a take off withou the error popping up and I flew without any apperant problems.  A reveiw of the flight in healthy drones showed no errors with the compass or any other areas.

Anyone know what causes the compass locked error? Is a hardware problem that needs addressed or a app glitch that can be ignored if it does not happen again.
My main concern is with the error the ac would not power the motors and if it happens during flight will the motors stop, as well  as the problems a failing compass would cause mid flight.  

DJI support says they are pushing a new firmware this week and it should resolve the issue.  She said the new firmware is version 1.8.10.  
I updated my firmware as propmted when I purchased the P3 late November so I thought I had the most current version but when I checked after talking to DGI the Go app says firmware version unkown.

2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

How about the environment around when you got that error?
If it never occurs again after restarting, that maybe a false alarm, please keep an eye on the APP and check the performance for the aircraft as well.
The firmware shows "unknown" is caused by server reconfiguration and will be fixed soon.
2017-1-6
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if this is related but my P3S was behaving ok. Then, I updated the firmware (the DJI Go app was nagging me all the time). Now, I get compass error when I fly. When this happens, the drone switches by itself from P-GPS to ATTI and becomes very difficult to fly/hover. I've spoken to others on a different forum and many are having frequent compass errors AFTER the firmware upgrade. Did yo update the firmware?
2017-1-6
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

I had similar experience with the gyro..after 3-4 tries would go away..and fly with no issues..after IMU calibration no more issues..cheers Darrin
2017-1-6
Use props
Stuh2o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20312 ft
United States

I got the error in a open field that I fly in often.  The Firmware was updated on Nov 28th and I had no issues until the error  occurred over a month later.  I have had no compass errors that force the flying mode to atti, just a compass locked error when attempting to take off.  

I wish I could confirm what firmware  I am running but until those  darn servers are reconfigured it shows unknown.

What is the most current version of the firmware and is the update to 1.8.10 a real thing or did I misunderstand the tech.  

2017-1-6
Use props
lvl.1

Canada

JB63 Posted at 2017-1-6 05:57
Not sure if this is related but my P3S was behaving ok. Then, I updated the firmware (the DJI Go app was nagging me all the time). Now, I get compass error when I fly. When this happens, the drone switches by itself from P-GPS to ATTI and becomes very difficult to fly/hover. I've spoken to others on a different forum and many are having frequent compass errors AFTER the firmware upgrade. Did yo update the firmware?

Exactly the same thing happen to me.   Unfortunately mine got crashed into a tree.  And they keep denying it has nothing to do with the firmware, which we all know it is a lie.  And they don't want to honour their warranty either.  My drone was only 2 month old.
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules