Phantom 4 mobile device
1264 9 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tschie73
lvl.1

United States

Newbie needing some advice: Could someone please tell me what mobile device is the most reliable for a Phantom 4. Thanks TOM
2017-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use an iPad Pro 9.7". Not the cheapest option, but it just works, and is I believe the brightest iPad display available.
2017-1-6
Use props
Testman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7764088 ft
Italy

I use an One Plus One 5.5 that works very fine without any crash or freeze.
I like see with Goggles (HDMI output) or Monitor 7 inch in FPV mode, so the tablet for me is not important.
2017-1-6
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

I use an ipad air2 9.7 it works great and it just fits in the the hand controller perfectly
2017-1-6
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-6 05:53
I use an iPad Pro 9.7". Not the cheapest option, but it just works, and is I believe the brightest iPad display available.

I've got the Pro 9.7 as well.  It's not only the brightest, but it has a new screen coating developed by Apple  that makes it the least reflective.    (I also have an iPad Air 9.7 and the difference is quite noticeable).
2017-1-6
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

Ipad mini 2 (minimum), ipad mini 4cellular (bells and whistles), not as powerfull as the ipad pro but fits without problems and doesnt overbalance the controller while holding
Basically the best you can afford to pay, but stick with apple, think about it, very few devices to program for as opposed to the hundreds or thousands of variants of android
Its up to you
2017-1-6
Use props
Lethal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

IN the 7 months I have been haunting the forum, the perception I have at least, is that most connection issues are suffered by users with android devices. That is a perception and may not be fact!
2017-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And the formal list of supported devices for the P4 is:-

iOS Version v4.0.1.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.1.

Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

Some accurate observations in above posts. I'd get the best device you can afford, whether it's Apple or Android. I would also aim towards the newer models, as the software (DJI Go) develops it can only get more demanding on processor & memory in these devices.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It really depends on whether you want iOS or Android. Post #8 does give you a decent place to start if cost is a factor.
2017-1-6
Use props
Dark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154954 ft
United States

my iPhone 7plus works great for me. sometimes I use an iPad Air 2. It would depend if you like Android or Apple and how large you want to go ( how much money you want to spend ) on your device
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules