809 2 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
young-nyc 3
lvl.4
United States

Hello all,
As we all know the DJI go app supports drones and all osmo devices,
but wouldn't it be better if DJI created an OSMO specific app?
I believe this would optimize the app more...right??

Enchancement request
-provide remote control access of the osmo, either by another smartphone, apple watch or add on DJI controller.
     this will allow users to control the osmo, especially when attached to the extension rod.

2017-1-6
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

I'm new to DJI and have been impressed by the functionality of the iOS DJI Go app (using it with the OSMO Mobile), I have in equal measure been unimpressed by it's battery usage compared to other apps with similar functionality to the ones I'm looking to use.

I did think that if it was a product focused app then it might be more tightly coded and perhaps overcome the issue, however, on balance the ability to have a common app that binds together the user experience across the DJI products is probably a real benefit. Even if there was a suite of focused apps then it's likely that they would use the same core architecture and therefore have the same issues or perhaps interface issues.  So far I think that DJI have been pretty agile in adding new functionality that is often product specific.

What might be good would be more use of the OSMO Mobile SDK by other app producers to provide additional functionality to their apps such as moving time-lapse.
2017-1-7
Use props
young-nyc 3
lvl.4
United States

I agree with you on all points.
And as stated, a device specific app would be more tightly coded hence allowing to fix and identify bugs more easily.  3rd party integration is always a welcome experience, and I really wish there was a way to control the osmo mobile remotely.
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules