2209 9 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Hi.
I've recorded some pictures, to see how the camera reacts.
I have not modified any picture, and I write this thread for visitors wondering about the camera quality !
No youtube compression, no forum downscaling here ! Please wait while loading if you're using a slow connection !
Use your mouse to display each picture at a 1/1 ratio : each mouse clic switches from full picture -> 1/1 -> full picture > 1/1  etc ...

1 Indoor
reference picture from my sony alpha 55 camera
    A without lights
      100 asa : not enough light
      200 asa
      400 asa

auto expo lamp setting      
     auto expo sun setting
     autoexpo clouds setting

B lights On
      100 asa
      200 asa
      400 asa

soft
      hard
      standard

lamp setting(best white balance setting for this picture )
      sun setting
      cloud setting

raw .DNG format (no icc profile, pink picture, 20.6 MB)

expo - 2
      expo+2

1 Outdoor
Reference picture, after a shower, no sun !

100 asa
      200 asa      400 asa

soft
      hard
      standard

raw.DNG format (no icc profile, pink picture, 20.6 MB )

picture size
      S
      L
      M

expo -  2
      expo +2

My conclusion :
Default settings are quiet good, exept indoor (white balance), but I will probably never fly indoor.
Pictures have to be corrected (gimp, free, for example) :
-gamma
-exposure
-fish eye lens
-color

Amicalement !

2015-2-15
Use props
Clampit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149229 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you very much for sharing, I've also been playing around with all these setting to see which is best, looks like I'll leave them on the default settings.
Couple of pictures I've taken which I'm pleased with.

Pic2

Pic2

Pic1

Pic1
2015-2-15
Use props
manny
lvl.1

Norway

Great job on laying it all out! Interesting to see the difference in settings, although I never bothered playing around with them myself. I expect the default settings to capture OK results to a .dng, and then optimize it in post. As far as I can see the camera usually keeps the ISO at the lowest setting (100) during midday shooting, which is the single most important factor for me. The camera has alot of noise due to its sensor size, even at iso100. I am actually a bit disappointed by this, really wish I could capture less grainy shots with the P2V+.

But anyway, you could have the best settings in the world, but they can never compete to what you can achieve with a raw file and some post processing, as I've experienced so many times from many different cameras through my years as a photographer. I shoot and use raw files almost exclusively on all my cameras, .dng support was actually one of the things that made me pull the trigger on a V2+!

Here are two of my best shots so far, having only had the drone for two weeks:

EDIT: Aerial Real Estate by MNYFOTO, on Flickr

Bruskorvet hyttefelt, Maurseth by MNYFOTO, on Flickr

Both of them have about an hour of post work gone into them, which really makes a huge difference in the end result! Basically I've imported them and applied a DJI Preset I've made in Lightroom, made some adjustments, and then edited different parts of the image in photoshop.

2015-2-15
Use props
bahamasboy.aol
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Nice shots guys.  I've got some pretty good vids out of this little camera but I HATE the light change effects that happen when panning up or down.  Seems to happen both facing into and away from the sun.  Any suggestions on a way to keep settings static for the vids?
2015-2-15
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

bahamasboy.aol Posted at 2015-2-16 12:13
Nice shots guys.  I've got some pretty good vids out of this little camera but I HATE the light chan ...

Hi,
no there is no way to avoid the auto exposure unfortunately. You can minimise it by using spot metering, . Say you were looking down at a fairly acute angle and just wanted to bring some sky in, a slight pan up will still hold the ground spot exposure, providing you don't rise out of the spot metering zone and clip the sky with it.  Also use a fixed asa not auto.  Then any compensation has to be by shutter speed- it removes another variable.

not ideal, but hey! you have to work with what we've got!
Cheers!
Rod        
2015-2-15
Use props
bahamasboy.aol
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Thanks Rod. I'll try both.  I'm new to all this CMOS camera stuff and am learning.  Was just given an EOS 20D in July and have SOOO much to learn.  I'm the creative type and auto settings are sometimes just to bland for me.  I'm finding the same thing with the phantom.   Experiment I will for many moons before I remember what I did to get the shots/set up/outcomes I like.
2015-2-15
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

rod, i would be interested in your thoughts around the non-plus camera settings in the dji app (things like spot metering, iso speed, white balance, etc).  i am also interested which setting impact only photo versus video.  dont want to hijack this thread, but if you dont mind, would you share those thoughts in another post for me?  thank you sir.
2015-2-15
Use props
MIAS5562
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49751 ft
France

Hello,
I think of buying soon a P2V + and I look desperately for files DNG to see the quality and the tools which are well...
But I have " 404 Not Found " for files RAW!
Can you give them? It would be great.
Thanks
Marc
2015-2-17
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Oups, sorry , I wrote http://forum.dji.com/dominotes.fr/dji/19-Raw.DNG instead of http://dominotes.fr/dji/19-Raw.DNG.
I edit my post right now to correct the link.
2015-2-18
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

sorry rdsb for reposting this in your thread but i cannot send rod a PM due to site functionality not working:

rod, i would be interested in your thoughts around the non-plus camera settings in the dji app (things like spot metering, iso speed, white balance, etc).  i am also interested which setting impact only photo versus video.  dont want to hijack this thread, but if you dont mind, would you share those thoughts in another post for me?  thank you sir.
2015-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules