Mavic Menus and Settings
2840 11 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166476 ft
South Africa

Since I am still a beginner , both in terms of drone flying as well as to this forum, can I please ask for some more advice?

I have noticed that the various menus and settings in the DJI GO 4 App as well as the new DJI Ground Station app, are numerous and there are menus and then sub menus.

Is there anyway to be able to go through the various menus without turning the Mavic on, or must I turn it on and just go through each menu?

I find it a bit difficult to go through each menu while flying the Mavic, and was hoping that I could do some learning from behind my desk before I go fly.

2017-1-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

To go through all the menus you need to have the Mavic and Controller turned on and your phone attached with the DJI GO 4 app running. You can do all this with the Mavic on the ground but  just be aware that the Mavic will run its fan to keep cool.
2017-1-6
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
South Africa

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-6 22:41
To go through all the menus you need to have the Mavic and Controller turned on and your phone attached with the DJI GO 4 app running. You can do all this with the Mavic on the ground but  just be aware that the Mavic will run its fan to keep cool.

Thank you Janee 2 for  your reply and help, much appreciated.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

M Cubed Media Posted at 2017-1-6 22:53
Thank you Janee 2 for  your reply and help, much appreciated.

Hello, you could also practice more in flight simulator.
Hope you enjoy your flight.
2017-1-11
Use props
n03l
lvl.4
Netherlands

Found this PDF some time ago (it's for the DJI Go4 app).

Maybe it's of some use to some here?

http://www.mavic-pro.help/downloads/DJI-Go4-app-menu.pdf
2017-1-11
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Technically, to work your way through the app settings and features, you dont need the phone or controller on, but you cant actually change any of the settings and many of the features wont show up.

Personally, as a beginner as well, I found that you can at least look where various settings can be changed to speed up the process when the drone/controller are attached.     So to answer you question, reallisically you need the drone/controller on and connected, but you can access some menus (JUST TO VIEW) without the drone/controller on
2017-1-11
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

When you go through all the settings, you might need some explanations every now and then. Here is a page that explains all the settings: http://fromwhereidrone.com/dji-g ... -every-menu-button/
2017-1-11
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

gibbd Posted at 2017-1-11 01:45
Technically, to work your way through the app settings and features, you dont need the phone or controller on, but you cant actually change any of the settings and many of the features wont show up.

Personally, as a beginner as well, I found that you can at least look where various settings can be changed to speed up the process when the drone/controller are attached.     So to answer you question, reallisically you need the drone/controller on and connected, but you can access some menus (JUST TO VIEW) without the drone/controller on

Sort of, but not quite... I can view most of the aircraft's settings, but there are several settings that don't display until you enable something else, and since you can't enable anything without the aircraft connected, I don't think there's any way to get to those hidden settings.

Also, I can't even view any of the camera settings in the app without the aircraft connected.
2017-1-11
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-11 02:46
Sort of, but not quite... I can view most of the aircraft's settings, but there are several settings that don't display until you enable something else, and since you can't enable anything without the aircraft connected, I don't think there's any way to get to those hidden settings.

Also, I can't even view any of the camera settings in the app without the aircraft connected.

Jason,   agreed its very limited without things connected up.  It just served the purpose for me to have a bit of a better knowledge of where to navigate in the app to adjust certain things when I did connect up.  
2017-1-11
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

Just a safety suggestion, if you want to have it running indoors just to run through the menus - always do so with the props off just in case you accidentally started the motors by mistake.
2017-1-11
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
South Africa

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-11 02:25
When you go through all the settings, you might need some explanations every now and then. Here is a page that explains all the settings: http://fromwhereidrone.com/dji-go-app-step-step-guide-every-menu-button/

Thanks, this is great help!
2017-1-11
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
South Africa

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-11 02:25
When you go through all the settings, you might need some explanations every now and then. Here is a page that explains all the settings: http://fromwhereidrone.com/dji-go-app-step-step-guide-every-menu-button/

Thanks for this, Greta help indeed.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules