Rc won't link with drone - Please help!
1865 25 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
morganste86
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ive litterally been using my P3S for under a week and now im being told i need to send it off for repair, im gutted!

Does someone here have any thought on other things i could try before i actually send it off?

When i go to link the rc to the drone, the rc LED will turn GREEN, but the drone LED will remain RED. Now the app just says signal lost.

This all started when the APP gave me a prompt to update firmware and gave an error message when it had started.

So far i've manually updated firmware
Recalibrated IMU and Compass
Tried to link rc via app and gimbal/toggle switch.

Im now at a loose end, but hope someone will come along and guide me.
2017-1-7
Use props
fans97249fb7
New

South Africa

HI there, exactly the same happened to me.... also about a week old, i link rc to drone, rc light green and drone red, with the back LED's flashing yellow. They said its a software issue, where the rc and drone are not the same, being only the drone that was updated and not the rc, and i cant find a way to update rc manually.... they also asked me to send it back and i told them its a joke because its a software issue. are you on whatsapp then we can talk and maybe help each other out if we find something?
2017-1-7
Use props
fans97249fb7
New

South Africa

2017-1-7
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans97249fb7 Posted at 2017-1-7 04:53
HI there, exactly the same happened to me.... also about a week old, i link rc to drone, rc light green and drone red, with the back LED's flashing yellow. They said its a software issue, where the rc and drone are not the same, being only the drone that was updated and not the rc, and i cant find a way to update rc manually.... they also asked me to send it back and i told them its a joke because its a software issue. are you on whatsapp then we can talk and maybe help each other out if we find something?

If you guys work out a solution let me know! I've the exact same issue
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried a WiFi reset as well?
2017-1-7
Use props
chazzer086
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94688 ft
Australia

im on the same boat... rc wont connect after trying to relink... i tried downgrading the drone works fine upgrading and downgrading... i got no such luck with the rc... can't downgrade no firmware... stupid!
15965758_1643481629286382_8153167821812720048_n.jpg
2017-1-7
Use props
chazzer086
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94688 ft
Australia

pretty dumb that they updated the drone software but not the rc... you'd think they'd update both at the same time!
2017-1-7
Use props
morganste86
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've spent hours trying different things with support with no results. I'm sending mine in for them to sort out now as it's just as good as a paper weight at the moment.
2017-1-8
Use props
mpoole13
lvl.1

United States

I am having exactly the same problem. I think I am just going to take it back to the store I purchased it from. Seems like they could just release a new firmware, there are dozens of post in the forum with the same problem.
2017-1-8
Use props
Retired2Golf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2054 ft
United States

Same problem here. Spent abt 4 hrs on chat with dji. Ended up with a rtm to send it back. Hope to hear something later this week.
2017-1-8
Use props
fans7d7bfdb8
New

United States

Same exact problem after updating. Please help. Everything was fine with the stock firmware last year when I bought it. Help !!
IMG_7005.PNG
2017-1-8
Use props
Retired2Golf
lvl.2
United States

Got info back from DJI regarding status of repairs for this problem. They are installing a new controller board as well as a WIFI board. Both under warranty as I only had the P3S for a week.
2017-1-9
Use props
NicoDJIPilot
lvl.1

United States

DJI needs to update us. I am so upset with this customer service. They at least should give us an estimate in when a new firmware would come out!!!
2017-1-9
Use props
morganste86
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Retired2Golf Posted at 2017-1-9 12:10
Got info back from DJI regarding status of repairs for this problem. They are installing a new controller board as well as a WIFI board. Both under warranty as I only had the P3S for a week.

Hopefully they will do the same for me them as im sending mine off tomorrow.
2017-1-9
Use props
Retired2Golf
lvl.2
United States

Received an email from DJI this afternoon. Repairs completed and sent to UPS. Not bad at all. UPS picked it up from me Las Wed afternoon and it's on its way back today. Phenomenal service and turn around time. Way to go DJI!!!
2017-1-9
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5728392 ft
United States

I keep wondering and saying, why update if your stuff is working fine? I have yet to upgrade my drone or rc and have had no problems. Honestly, most problems I read here of our after updates
2017-1-9
Use props
fans7d7bfdb8
New

United States

I wish Phantoms had a factory reset button. This firmware mismatch is such garbage and rushed at best.
IMG_7013.PNG
2017-1-10
Use props
fans7d7bfdb8
New

United States

Should have made Standard controller to be updated via memory card!!   
IMG_7060.PNG
2017-1-10
Use props
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

Wow I'm in same boat. Mine is over a year old so I guess no warranty. So DJI wants me to ship it back and pay for them to fix something that broke because of their update?? Absurd. I have never had as much as a tilt over. I flew maybe 15 times with no issues at all. Then they do an update and my RC and phone no longer can connect and it's my fault?

Time to shop for a better product.
2017-1-10
Use props
fans7d7bfdb8
New

United States

Exactly hardhooker, worked perfect why DJI ?!
2017-1-10
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

Yup!!!!! Same thing happened to me. Had to send it to an authorized dealer.....$25 for shipping, $30 for them to fix DJI's issue and then $25 to ship back. I was NOT a happy camper!!
2017-1-10
Use props
mzlatev
New

Bulgaria

Hello I am new in the forum and I am from Bulgaria
I bought drone dji phantom 3 standart used after gised of diodes can not connect with the remote before glowed green diodes for linking of drone and now not only lights blinking yellow
2017-1-11
Use props
morganste86
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just a little update on this, mine had gone back to DJI in the Netherlands for repair of the WiFi link and the RC connection issue.
2017-1-11
Use props
fans7d7bfdb8
New

United States

Hip hip hooray, I opened the DJI app this morning and to my surprise there was an upgrade firmware message
after downloading and installing into my controller all works great. Thanks DJI for fixing your servers .
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans7d7bfdb8 Posted at 2017-1-12 05:39
Hip hip hooray, I opened the DJI app this morning and to my surprise there was an upgrade firmware message
after downloading and installing into my controller all works great. Thanks DJI for fixing your servers .

Good to hear you're up and running again.
2017-1-12
Use props
mzlatev
New

Bulgaria

Hello from a few days I have a problem connecting my drone downloaded the latest update walked to install and stopped at the moment the drone to include the issue very loud beep and no lights I also connect it with the remote control please help
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules