Record Movements With Mavic
2502 7 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1202288d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37398 ft
Canada

So, I'm still not quite clear on the DJI GSP app. I've been watching videos, but what I want to achieve is to be able to control the movement of my drone, and the drone records the movement.

What I want to be able to do, is to repeat the same shot, in it's entirety. So, if I was shooting a one shot for a short sequence in a film, I want to be able to set all my parameters.

Eg. Start at 2 meters, hold for 7 seconds, move right 4 meters, hold for 12 seconds, decend to 1 meter, hold for 3 seconds, yaw 30 degrees left, .. etc etc..
With that info, i'd like to be able to redo the shot, similar to that of a robotic arm, so my frames match. It would be pretty neat if someone could help me figure out how to do this with GSP, or maybe get this request to the DJI team?

How neat would it be to be able to get the same shot over and over with a press of a button. Obviously it would be super rad to have fine control over the aircraft, should there be a gust of wind and you need to take over right away.

If the GSP can do this, maybe somone could help me figure out how to program those parameters.

2017-1-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You need a flying robot!
2017-1-7
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, you can achieve what you are after by using the  Litchi (iOS & Android) or Autopilot (iOS) apps instead of using the GO 4 app. Search on YouTube for both and you will find plenty of examples.

Have only used Litchi myself. As well as saving Waypoints like you do on the GO 4 app you can save your routes as Missions to be used over and over again, you can prepare programme missions on a PC using their online Mission hub.

Camera control is a lot more sophisticated too.
2017-1-8
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

At the moment I only see "waypoints" and a mission planning with "ground station" as something that is close but still not exactly what you want.

In the DJIGO app there is a flight recrder integrated that can replay your flight on the screen. I wonder if that data could be reused somehow.

I have never tried Litchi myself. I heard it has a good mission planner integrated but I am not sure it can automatically repeat your last flight. Maybe a Litchi user can confirm here that it can automatically repeat a flight!?
2017-1-8
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-8 00:28
At the moment I only see "waypoints" and a mission planning with "ground station" as something that is close but still not exactly what you want.

In the DJIGO app there is a flight recrder integrated that can replay your flight on the screen. I wonder if that data could be reused somehow.

Not entirely sure it can repeat a manual flight but it can certainly replay missions saved and will let you enter exact parameters as listed in the first post.

Search youtube for Litchi waypoint tutorials
2017-1-8
Use props
fans1202288d
lvl.2
Canada

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-7 19:42
You need a flying robot!

That's basically what the mavic is!!!
2017-1-9
Use props
fans1202288d
lvl.2
Canada

Thank you for the suggestions, definitely going to try the options in the coming weeks, will post results!
2017-1-9
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Yeah litchi uses google maps, you can set all the parameters of a flight and save them. Load them and fly that route all you want. Works offline too. You could do waypoints then load in a poi flight.

I don't have apple to try ground station, but that looks like fun too.
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules