Phantom 3A Refurb FW question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans93667d87
New

United States

I just received a Phantom 3A refurb from the DJI online store. Haven't had the chance to fly it yet, because of weather, but its telling me it needs FW update.
It has
app - 3.1.1
version - 1.5.30+
RC - 1.8.0

Should it be updated, and if so, what would be the next version to update to? Also was regsitering it and when it was valedating, it came up invalid. Not sure what that means.
Thanks in advance.

2017-1-8
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Dang!, v1.5.30+ on the Phantom is prehistoric!  I don't think mine had that version when they first came out!  Definitely needs updating.  Grab the latest update AND the "How to Update the Firmware v1.4" from the DOWNLOADS page.

The app and RC are current.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to upgrade both AC and RC to the latest, then install latest APP and try to activate aircraft again.
If still the same case, please provide us a screenshot and your aircraft SN, thanks.
2017-1-9
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

I m using an older version that that on my p3p. And I am not upgrading. When I had my p3a and did upgrade that's when the range issues came into play. Mine flies great no problems.     Don't fix what ain't broke
2017-1-9
Use props
The Cheat
lvl.1

United States

Bfd300 Posted at 2017-1-9 02:53
I m using an older version that that on my p3p. And I am not upgrading. When I had my p3a and did upgrade that's when the range issues came into play. Mine flies great no problems.     Don't fix what ain't broke

I'm wondering about this also.  My refurb P3a will be here on Wednesday.  I have already decided I will try a few test flights (if it lets me) before updating the firmware.  I've read so many horror stories about new firmware bricking aircraft that I think I'll see if it works with the older version before I try and update.
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules