Battery life
968 6 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turbazz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I recently bought my Drone phantom two.   Have only flown it twice  on both occasions the battery has only lasted around 10 minutes. I am not flying full throttle or very far very slow manoeuvers amd basic...

I have iosd mini. Waypoints connected but not using it.  Go pro 4.   5.8tx fat sharks

Why am I getting such bad times. When the website claims up to 25 minutes?  Does the battery need wearing in?  Also I am not using waypoints is this taking  up unnecessary battery

I have the 5200 mah intelligent battery
2015-2-15
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

seems kind of low to me but i fly a vision non-plus so i dont know what effect the iosd stuff has on flight times, if any.  i get 20 (not the 25 claimed on the site, i think that the 25 is optimal circumstances... lowest weight, no wind, counts every second from takeoff to touchdown, etc).  
2015-2-15
Use props
Turbazz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is it something to do with the charge discharge cycle? That I may need to do. As it is a fresh battery I'm not quite sure.  
2015-2-15
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

These batteries are LiPos, so you cannot damage the memory like in other types of batteries. The only thing the DJI manual recommends is to fully discharge them after every 20 charges.
2015-2-15
Use props
Turbazz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Also what does it mean keep the battery on when charging over 70%? What if you do not do this
2015-2-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Turbazz Posted at 2015-2-16 07:33
Also what does it mean keep the battery on when charging over 70%? What if you do not do this

If your battery is above 75% or higher when you connect it to the charger, it will not charge.  You have to physically turn on the battery to  fully charge it.
2015-2-15
Use props
bahamasboy.aol
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Just to give you a flight time reference:  My PV2+ (not v3) gets me an average of 14 minutes (per the video) time.  I usually land when a minute or so before the 20% warning kicks in... Just for your comparison.  
2015-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules