Phantom 4 Surfing
761 6 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195016 ft

United States

Here is a short video of some surfers I captured in Carlsbad Ca. It is a little trickier than I thought.... always looking for feedback

Thanks,

2017-1-8
Use props
Mattcoq
First Officer
Flight distance : 3642602 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice colors et good first try ...

Had the same feeling with my recent first drone film with my P3P ... Kind of tricky to film a moving subject such a surfer ...

2017-1-8
Use props
Jester
lvl.3

United States

Good stuff Mattcoq, I definitely struggled with a comfortable altitude to catch these moving targets!
2017-1-8
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

great work, thanks for sharing. Both of you.
2017-1-8
Use props
NewPro4user
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34964 ft
United States

Jester this looks great! I myself am a beginner with Drone Flying the P4P is my first drone so the advice that I'm giving you is more as a Photographer which is my business and has been since I was 13 years old I am now 53. I've shot every type of action, sports, dancing, jets at and air show. The one thing I've learned is that you have to know the activity of that which you are shooting. The faster it is the faster you have to lead it and let it come into your frame while you shoot. It produces the best Photo action shots so I see no reason it would not work for video. Again I'm awaiting my P4P and have not had a chance to try this out, but I've done many times in other fast moving sports with success as a photographer. Hope this helps again I thought it was awesome shot.  
2017-1-8
Use props
Jester
lvl.3

United States

NewPro4user Posted at 2017-1-8 17:41
Jester this looks great! I myself am a beginner with Drone Flying the P4P is my first drone so the advice that I'm giving you is more as a Photographer which is my business and has been since I was 13 years old I am now 53. I've shot every type of action, sports, dancing, jets at and air show. The one thing I've learned is that you have to know the activity of that which you are shooting. The faster it is the faster you have to lead it and let it come into your frame while you shoot. It produces the best Photo action shots so I see no reason it would not work for video. Again I'm awaiting my P4P and have not had a chance to try this out, but I've done many times in other fast moving sports with success as a photographer. Hope this helps again I thought it was awesome shot.

Thanks for the feedback and hope that you get your P4P soon! There were definitely several variables that need to be taken into account and I agree absolutely with leading the speed of the subject, that was quite challenging in FPV to say the least
2017-1-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Good job Jester. What style and white balance did you use?
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules