Video style settings
1153 4 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ppierrefr
lvl.1

United States

Hi
I have about 15 flights with my mavic and got to play with the settings mostly since it's my first camera drone. what are exactly the benefits of filming in D-log and other presets because I find it to give me a lot of post prod work.
I did a bit of research on settings and everyone recommend to use these.

Anyway I love the aircraft and it's really convinrent to transport etc.

Thx in advance

mountain.jpg
2017-1-8
Use props
Ppierrefr
lvl.1

United States

bump bump bump
2017-1-9
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

D-Log is not necessarily recommended by all of the later reviewers, supposedly (but not verified) because of a change that came about from a firmware update:

It seems to be such a subjective topic, and I don't even have the requisite experience to provide even a subjective answer.  In my simple mind it's down to whatever mode gives you the closest to a color balance and sharpness you like (i.e minimize work in post), without losing detail that you can't then recover in post.

That does seem to be extremely subjective, and I haven't been able to do enough testing to have my own opinion yet.
2017-1-9
Use props
Ppierrefr
lvl.1

United States

yeah its actually a recommended setting for the phantom line, i guess ill just play around with the other style
2017-1-9
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

the D-log with the latest firmware on the mavic is very muddy imo. depending on the DJI go App, I would say go with cinelike (-1,-1,-1 or -2,-1,-1).

Alternatively I really like Film A and H on the DJI go 4 app (though I rarely use DJI go 4 app due to it bugging out frequently on my s7 edge, seems fine on my tablet.)
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules