12Next >
39741 67 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

I want to do a factory reset and refresh firmware to see if some camera issues can be solved. Downloaded and installed Assistant2 on windows pc. It does not recognise any device. The homescreen with the round picture (pc and cable and a link on how to connect inspire)remains static. Stuck here.
2017-1-9
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Anyone? Assistant2? Problems on windows pc?
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Maclak, did you turn off the antivirus software?
Please try to reinstall the Assistant or change another computer to connect again.
By the way, due to the server update, you might not be able to log in the DJI Assistant.
2017-1-10
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 02:08
Hello Maclak, did you turn off the antivirus software?
Please try to reinstall the Assistant or change another computer to connect again.
By the way, due to the server update, you might not be able to log in the DJI Assistant.

Anti virus even firewall off. Reinstalled several times. You suggest i buy another pc just for dji assistant? Does it work on win  xp? Still have one of those around...somewhere.
2017-1-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this happen before when the wrong version is being used with later FW. Please download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 remove the older version by uninstalling it. Now install the new version and then reconnect to your Mavic.
DJI Assistant 2 v.1.0.9

This will work trust me..

Rich
2017-1-10
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-10 08:28
I had this happen before when the wrong version is being used with later FW. Please download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 remove the older version by uninstalling it. Now install the new version and then reconnect to your Mavic.
DJI Assistant 2 v.1.0.9

Hey Rich, i downloaded, installed and tried to use it for the first time yesterday! I will check the version to make sure but seems odd that between download and use a new fersion could be released.
2017-1-10
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Still not working after uninstall-reinstall. Weird thing though: when i open the program on the bottom right it says v 1.0.9. But when i want to uninstall it, in the list of programs it shows as v 1.0.5.!!
I just don t get it, it's frustrating and very time consuming.
2017-1-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-10 16:19
Still not working after uninstall-reinstall. Weird thing though: when i open the program on the bottom right it says v 1.0.9. But when i want to uninstall it, in the list of programs it shows as v 1.0.5.!!
I just don t get it, it's frustrating and very time consuming.

Sorry you are having trouble! Not sure what the next step would be?  Sometimes when your computer has old registry files that can mess with programs a nice (free) program to use is CCleaner. Maybe download this and clean up your PC.  
Link for CCleaner
Another thing you might have tried is another PC cable or USB port on the computer. You are connecting the Mavic directly to the PC using the cable and powering it on after DJI A2 is running correct..

This is a bummer!

Rich
2017-1-10
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-10 21:19
Sorry you are having trouble! Not sure what the next step would be?  Sometimes when your computer has old registry files that can mess with programs a nice (free) program to use is CCleaner. Maybe download this and clean up your PC.  
Link for CCleaner
Another thing you might have tried is another PC cable or USB port on the computer. You are connecting the Mavic directly to the PC using the cable and powering it on after DJI A2 is running correct..

Yea, tried also an xp machine, different connecting sequence, cables...all i get is the pc tone connecting usb and disconnecting all the time. When i connect just the mavic the media player starts playing stuff from the mavic sd card so there is a constant connection, the A2 just does not see it..is there a seperate driver needed? Im going to try on my inlaws pc later...
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-10 08:17
Anti virus even firewall off. Reinstalled several times. You suggest i buy another pc just for dji assistant? Does it work on win  xp? Still have one of those around...somewhere.

Could you please provide some screenshot of the issue?
I'll help to report it.
Sorry for the frustration.
2017-1-11
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

With the software installed (not running) and the Mavic or RC connected via USB, go to the Device Manager and find the other/unrecognized devices. Go into the properties of the device and install the driver from there. Open Assistant 2 and the Mavic should be visible.
2017-1-11
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

chippie Posted at 2017-1-11 05:56
With the software installed (not running) and the Mavic or RC connected via USB, go to the Device Manager and find the other/unrecognized devices. Go into the properties of the device and install the driver from there. Open Assistant 2 and the Mavic should be visible.

Thanks for the advice but no luck. It does recognice the remote as DJI but cannot find the driver. When i help the system to find a driver and tell it to search the program files> dji folder it does find a driver but says "cannot install because "hash" missing?!
I tried on 3 different pc's now, last one running on win7. Here i got it to work but when i try to perform  a factory reset it tells me after a short pause " factory reset failed".  This is really a joke! How can a program be so picky?
@ mindy: for a screenshot i need another device, but nothing special: just the A2 homescreen with the round picture in the middle ( a usb connector next to a computer and a small link below: " how to connect to inspire2"). Login works fine but this homepage never changes whatever i do ( on win8 the above happens,  on xp i cannot even install A2, on win7 not my pc it works partially).
Why can it not be possible to do factory reset and roll back/ refresh firmware via go4.? Saves the use of another bulky system. I ve spent too much time on this now. Could be flying instead!!I just hope i never need to roll back/reset/refresh/ pull data....actually i do but can't.
2017-1-11
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-11 01:39
Could you please provide some screenshot of the issue?
I'll help to report it.
Sorry for the frustration.

Still not solved. Updated win 8.1 as much as possible. Nothing. I stick in mavic or remote and get this and it does not change: image.jpg

When i go to device manager it shows a device with dji and an exclamation mark. The driver is not installed and cannot install manually cause it cannot be found.
Can any dji staff at least give me the name of these drivers? Confirm that it works on win 8.1?
2017-1-13
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Another hint: i go to device manager>right click dji product>properties.
See screenshot. The CDC thing looks suspicious?
C'mon. Tried chat for help. Went from 59 in the queue to 24 and the bloody thing put me back on 51!!!!
2017-1-13
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-13 13:04
Another hint: i go to device manager>right click dji product>properties.
See screenshot. The CDC thing looks suspicious?
C'mon. Tried chat for help. Went from 59 in the queue to 24 and the bloody thing put me back on 51!!!!

This screenshot i meant Screenshot_2017-01-13-22-09-11.png

ok hard to read.. on top of the list it says CDC serial with a yellow (!)
on the bottom it says: Device status.  the drivers for this device are not installed (code 28).
2017-1-13
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154423 ft
United States

I'll take a shot...
With the application closed and the Mavic or the controller connected
Open Device Manager
Right-click on the CDC device with the yellow !
Select properties
Select the driver tab
Push the update driver button
Don't do the automatic method, browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers"
After the driver loads, reboot and give it a try.
Good luck!
2017-1-13
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Belgium

Bullseye Posted at 2017-1-13 19:08
I'll take a shot...
With the application closed and the Mavic or the controller connected
Open Device Manager

Hey mate! Thanks for the effort, tried already. It says cannot install because "hash" is missing! I will try again later today and post a screenshot.
So, is this the problem? the CDC serial?

I really wish some mod would jump into this though, their tech staff should know their product and how to make it work. It seems impossible talking to a DJI rep and chat keeps throwing me to the back of the queue. Reminds me the ordering of the mavic itself...
Normally when something does not work you can send it back, hard to do with this software.
2017-1-14
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.2
United States

The CDC stand for Communication Device Class.  A USB class for communication devices like modems, RS232 serial devices.....
The yellow ! indicates Windows does not know what driver to use.  Typically if you point Windows to the manufacturers driver it will install them correctly.
Until the appropriate drivers get loaded no application will able to use these devices.
2017-1-14
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Bullseye Posted at 2017-1-14 09:28
The CDC stand for Communication Device Class.  A USB class for communication devices like modems, RS232 serial devices.....
The yellow ! indicates Windows does not know what driver to use.  Typically if you point Windows to the manufacturers driver it will install them correctly.
Until the appropriate drivers get loaded no application will able to use these devices.

I have a older install of dji assistant 2 (1.0.7) if you need. I run it in a vm with vmware though. I ran it through total virus and one engine came up with Qihoo-360         HEUR/QVM06.1.0000.Malware.Gen

Same with the GO app, it keeps contacting the mothership on android, so I kill it and only run it when needed. I don't know why they want to spy on everyone, it's gotta be a chinese thing =] They probably know too much about everyone on this forum already!

Uploaded the older version to dropbox. Might be worth a try. It works fine, but they did take away the firmware I run. You can only refresh the last 2 (it seems) as of a few days ago. In the go app you can install older firmware though with a trick. But I don't think dji wants people to go back. Seems to be the vibe taking out older firmware in the assistant.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l05yt ... B2%2B1.0.7.exe?dl=0
2017-1-14
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Bullseye Posted at 2017-1-14 09:28

That's the problem: i cannot find the driver (name?). Is it supposed to reside in the dji/drivers folder?
2017-1-14
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-10 08:17

Same problem with Windows 10... Never worked and that is why I only use the phone to update.
2017-1-14
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-14 10:39
I have a older install of dji assistant 2 (1.0.7) if you need. I run it in a vm with vmware though. I ran it through total virus and one engine came up with Qihoo-360         HEUR/QVM06.1.0000.Malware.Gen

Same with the GO app, it keeps contacting the mothership on android, so I kill it and only run it when needed. I don't know why they want to spy on everyone, it's gotta be a chinese thing =] They probably know too much about everyone on this forum already!

Thank you bud! The version you provided works like a charm! USB is recognised instantly.
Noticeable things: when installing, after the standard install window, the prompt window thing doesn't run. the installation looks alot cleaner.
Also when going to device manager>right click DJI product>hardware tab (as in my vague screenshot) the CDC serial thing doesn't even show.
Still do not want to close this thread since it went silent from the mod side. I really would like to see this is picked up by the software people and why 1.0.9 does not run on 3 different windows devices.
2017-1-14
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.2
United States

There are two batch files in the Drivers folder, one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit.
DriverSetup32.bat and DriverSetup64.bat  You might try running the appropriate one of those.
Just make sure the app is not running and no devices are connected.
After running the bat, reboot before trying to connect the MP or controller
2017-1-14
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-14 13:49
Same problem with Windows 10... Never worked and that is why I only use the phone to update.

see the 1.0.7 version. In normal situations there is no need for the assistant but for analysis of data when stuff goes the wrong way/ factory reset/rollback etc we still need it. I just hate when things don't work the way they are supposed to and you end up wasting hours with no joy.
Especially frustrating when you need support from the source and none is given (the mods usually do a terrific job here but there was no way to get through to the CS)
2017-1-14
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Bullseye Posted at 2017-1-14 14:08
There are two batch files in the Drivers folder, one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit.
DriverSetup32.bat and DriverSetup64.bat  You might try running the appropriate one of those.
Just make sure the app is not running and no devices are connected.

Bullseye, you rock! Did exactly that (64 version) and success!
2017-1-14
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-14 14:09
see the 1.0.7 version. In normal situations there is no need for the assistant but for analysis of data when stuff goes the wrong way/ factory reset/rollback etc we still need it. I just hate when things don't work the way they are supposed to and you end up wasting hours with no joy.
Especially frustrating when you need support from the source and none is given (the mods usually do a terrific job here but there was no way to get through to the CS)

The MODS rocks, they really try to help but thank God, so far with P3, P4, P4P, P4P+ and the Mavic I DID not have to do any factory reset or downgrade...
2017-1-14
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-14 14:45
The MODS rocks, they really try to help but thank God, so far with P3, P4, P4P, P4P+ and the Mavic I DID not have to do any factory reset or downgrade...

They are great indeed. First DJI product i have, this mavic and on the forum since release date. They've given DJI a more human face despite the mess of shipping/problems encountered and the lack of communication  by HQ.
Just after reading so many issues with mavic and the data DJI initially needs to provide efficient aid it could be very messy if you cannot access it when needed the most. Full functionallity of ALL components, that's my fetisj.
2017-1-14
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.2
United States

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-14 14:26
Bullseye, you rock! Did exactly that (64 version) and success!

Happy to help!  I am new to drones but not new to USB problems. I troubleshoot USB and other interfaces along with embedded software systems daily.  
2017-1-14
Use props
Tragic Shadow
New

Singapore

I just got myself registered here just to let you know that you helped another person having difficulties installing DJI assistant 2. I also had the CDC driver error on my Win8.1 64bit. I don't know what caused the problem but anyway, after downloading and installing the 1.0.7 version and subsequently installing the latest 1.1.0 version for my Mavic Pro, the CDC driver problem goes away.
Many thanks again.
2017-4-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Tragic Shadow Posted at 2017-4-23 17:56
I just got myself registered here just to let you know that you helped another person having difficulties installing DJI assistant 2. I also had the CDC driver error on my Win8.1 64bit. I don't know what caused the problem but anyway, after downloading and installing the 1.0.7 version and subsequently installing the latest 1.1.0 version for my Mavic Pro, the CDC driver problem goes away.
Many thanks again.

Thanks. Yeah running win 7 still here, glad it helped.
2017-4-24
Use props
fans10137750
New
Flight distance : 7054 ft
Canada

that's the man!
Thanks! I have been trying since a while and give up, but then needed to calibrate vision sensor, no choice, must do it with assistant, so had to find a way, you are the way!!! and keep the link on dropbox it will help other ppl for sure!
2017-5-19
Use props
ramiro simoes
lvl.1
Brazil

I Have the same problem Now
2017-5-20
Use props
csaszarzoli
New
Flight distance : 160873 ft
Hungary

Hi!

Can you send me the link for dji assistant 2 (1.0.7) 64bit? I have the same problem, but with Phantom 4 pro.
2017-6-3
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

csaszarzoli Posted at 2017-6-3 10:45
Hi!

Can you send me the link for dji assistant 2 (1.0.7) 64bit? I have the same problem, but with Phantom 4 pro.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l05yt ... B2%2B1.0.7.exe?dl=0
2017-6-5
Use props
peterc46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1048517 ft
United Kingdom

spot on 107 worked for me aswell
2017-6-7
Use props
GEMOOMAW
New

United States

I just purchased a NAZA-M  and having the same problem connecting the driver. Do the comments above for the Mavic apply to my NAZA.  I just downloaded ver 1.07but does not respond to clicking the circle.
Does the   same Assistant work for  all models Mavic,Phantom, Naza.
I noticed 1.07 seemed to be loading the drivers as part ot the 1.07 installation.
Running Win 7 Pro
2017-6-23
Use props
mtomoto
New
United States

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I am using a Windows 8.1 and was having the same problem as @Maclak. I spent more than 15 hours trying to figuring out WHY the new software was not working, tried using a new laptop, tried to reinstall software, reinstall drivers, changed usb cables, everything... but your old version definitely solve everything. FINALLY.

The thing is... I sent some emails to DJI and none of them helped me with that... It should be like that when you pay so much for a piece of technology ...
2017-7-6
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-6-5 13:02
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l05ytvcwef7jyd/DJI%2BAssistant%2B2%2B1.0.7.exe?dl=0

i did all the steps to disable signed driver enforcement and reinstalled assistant 2 - it asked to confirm installing unsigned drivers and after everything installed i am still getting the same error .

When I look into device manager - i see a device named DJI that is flagged - no driver loaded for it - i tried manually browsing for the winusb.inf file ( it is in the DJI Assistant install / drivers / x86 folder and it tried to load it but failed .

I also tried the winusb.inf in the x64 folder but that one is not accepted by the system and will not even try to load it .

I am going to try the older version of assistant and see if that works .
2017-8-23
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-8-23 21:04
i did all the steps to disable signed driver enforcement and reinstalled assistant 2 - it asked to confirm installing unsigned drivers and after everything installed i am still getting the same error .

When I look into device manager - i see a device named DJI that is flagged - no driver loaded for it - i tried manually browsing for the winusb.inf file ( it is in the DJI Assistant install / drivers / x86 folder and it tried to load it but failed .

nope - using the older version didn't work either -
DJI device still has warning - no driver works
i tried running the batch file and manually browsing for the folder and it won't work

i uninstalled old version with prog that takes out registry entries and all files left over in the data directories etc .
Rebooted - nothing works .  I will have to try a different computer i guess
2017-8-23
Use props
yhsong64
New
Flight distance : 13507 ft
South Korea

You solve my problem as well!!!  The version 1.1.2 didn't work for me and I followed your advice and used 1.0.7 and it worked. Thanks so much!
2017-8-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules