Traveling with drone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ruggs
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone taken their drone/batteries with them on vacation/flights?
I am planning a trip to the Florida Keys from Michigan and flying with Delta Airlines. Wondering about what the airline regulations are with the batteries.
Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks,
2017-1-9
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

I flew from Canada to Florida about 2 weeks ago, Made me put my Phantom in checked luggage, so I wrapped her up in a thick shirt & put in my big suitcase. Batteries you can carry on, actually you should always put batteries in carry on luggage, Air Canada had me put tape over terminals of batteries, that was it, no worries.
You can also go to the website of airline your flying with, should tell you to check your bird & carry on batteries.
I did put my 2 batteries in box they came with, as box has battery specs on it, but, they never looked at the battery specs.
2017-1-9
Use props
M J PICARD
lvl.1

Spain

http://forum.dji.com/thread-78441-1-1.html
2017-1-9
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

I took it to CA with me from MN. I have a hard case and slung it on my shoulder. Once on the plane, I put in in the overhead compartment (fits very nicely). Inside the case was the drone, 3 batteries, controller, 2 sets of props, and sun hood. Unfortunately, I only flew it once...and forgot that the Auto Recording was turned off.
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules