new tablet
1672 11 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
townsendfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231171 ft

United States

I think I will be getting a Asus Zenpad S8new.What is the procedure for downloading the app again? I already have it
on my small android.As you get older your eyes are not as good as they where.Hope it is not like the first go round.
2017-1-9
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Just go to the app store that comes with your tablet. Search for DJI Go and download it.
2017-1-11
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-1-11 15:33
Just go to the app store that comes with your tablet. Search for DJI Go and download it.

thanks jake.I hope I don't have to register again
2017-1-11
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

no registration, but once the app is installed u need to login into your dji account in it. Once you connect and power up your aircraft, go through all the settings in the app, make sure nothing changed. I have seen some things take =default values even after reinstalling the app.
Also, I assume u r syncing your flight logs from the current phone? Once you install the app and login with your dji account, sync again, it will pull down your flight record from the cloud.
Hope this helps.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-1-11 16:27
thanks jake.I hope I don't have to register again

Phantomski hit the nail on the head, it would a pretty 'no fuss' transition. Just make sure you sync your flights from the old device so that way they transfer over to the new one.
2017-1-11
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-11 18:35
no registration, but once the app is installed u need to login into your dji account in it. Once you connect and power up your aircraft, go through all the settings in the app, make sure nothing changed. I have seen some things take =default values even after reinstalling the app.
Also, I assume u r syncing your flight logs from the current phone? Once you install the app and login with your dji account, sync again, it will pull down your flight record from the cloud.
Hope this helps.

Phantomski thanks for the response.I got a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy A tab.downloaded the app
with no problems.I had about 10 flights on my old phone and I hit button to sync all flights.then opened
app on my new tab,but do not see my 10 flights.I I linked the controller and ac and turned on the app and
tried to sync but the 10 flights do not show up.I must be doing wrong
2017-1-13
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-1-13 07:36
Phantomski thanks for the response.I got a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy A tab.downloaded the app
with no problems.I had about 10 flights on my old phone and I hit button to sync all flights.then opened
app on my new tab,but do not see my 10 flights.I I linked the controller and ac and turned on the app and

did u login as yourself on the new tablet? if u do not know where that is, i will post a pic as soon as my tablet boots up
2017-1-13
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-13 09:52
did u login as yourself on the new tablet? if u do not know where that is, i will post a pic as soon as my tablet boots up

I am not sure  where it is.I have logged in to the forum from my tablet.I sure thank you for your help
2017-1-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-13 09:52

Yes it's all pretty basic procedure, once you have done it a few or more times. Then it becomes old habit.
I reiterate what was recommended about going through all the app parameters and checking for any preferences that may have been moved or changed.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-13
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

u either click on the little person at the bottom and login there, or u go to the logs (paper airplane) and once u r on the log screen u click the cloud, and it will ask you to login. Then once u r logged in, u click the cloud again, and it will pull your logs from dji onto your new device.
2017-1-13
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

I have not done this in a while, but is seems that if u get into the GO app, u click the little person, bottom right, then u scroll all the way down, and do settings, u can sign in there. This is also where you tell the app to use usb debugging on android phone.Then you get back to the main screen, click paperplane on the top left, and there u can either press the cloud (top right) to sync, or the little cogwheel (sort of leftish top) to setup what and how to sync, although i think that is ok by default.
Once this is done your old flights will be pulled from dji cloud onto the new device, and new will be uploaded if you had any local.
That is also how you get back your stuff after reinstalling dji go app - on android at least.

I hope i got that procedure right... I have not done the whole process for good 6 months!

main screen

main screen

person/settings

person/settings

settings

settings

logs screen

logs screen
2017-1-13
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-13 20:50
I have not done this in a while, but is seems that if u get into the GO app, u click the little person, bottom right, then u scroll all the way down, and do settings, u can sign in there. This is also where you tell the app to use usb debugging on android phone.Then you get back to the main screen, click paperplane on the top left, and there u can either press the cloud (top right) to sync, or the little cogwheel (sort of leftish top) to setup what and how to sync, although i think that is ok by default.
Once this is done your old flights will be pulled from dji cloud onto the new device, and new will be uploaded if you had any local.
That is also how you get back your stuff after reinstalling dji go app - on android at least.

thanks for all of your help Phantomski
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules