This is getting ridiculous...
1894 16 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaceX80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 458599 ft
Ireland

I have been, and continue to, operate a Phantom 3 Pro without any incident for 2 years or so. I decided to buy a Phantom 4 Pro and it arrived on the 14th of December.

On that very evening, the P4P suffered a total failure while hovering at 17 meters. There were no warnings, there was no pilot error, the P4P just fell from the sky. The flightlog can be seen here http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5JF52CNQ0V8U127HMRW9/#

I am lucky enough to fly these professionally, so I am good friends with other professionals. While I have never had a failure like this, they have... so right from the start I was prepared for DJI to take 6 weeks to get the situation sorted. I've been told how horrible they are to deal with.

But here I am, nearly a month after this happened and despite Nick at DJI signing for the P4P I returned on Friday morning, 3 working days later the Repair centre says it still hasnt been received. Of course when they do say they have received it, it will take another 3 working days to get it unpacked. But then, how many working days for assessment of the damage? On and on it goes. So best case, its a month already gone. A month where I get punished for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Even though I fully anticipated this horrible service, the whole thing is so so wrong. I paid DJI nearly €2000 for an item that was patently faulty and while thats not ideal, it happens.... that isnt what really annoys me. I have followed every step DJI told me but considering the circumstances, this is totally unacceptable. I should not be in a queue waiting for a repair. I was sold a faulty product and I should be refunded (not that I want that, I need the P4P for work) or have a replacement sent. Why am I being punished for a mistake DJI made??

My case number is CAS-368122-S9V7R9, I am absolutely sick of this shoddy customer service and I need to start seeing some kind of progress or I will have to start escalating my response to it all.

2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we understand how frustrating it must be, will help you escalate the case and keep you updated.
2017-1-10
Use props
DaceX80
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-10 01:41
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we understand how frustrating it must be, will help you escalate the case and keep you updated.

I will keep an eye out for movement on the case
2017-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

From experience it does take a couple of days after receiving your drone before it is assessed, but once its assessed it moves very quickly after that, you will receive damage assessment and an invoice you have to ok it and they will sort it straight away, I suppose in your case warranty will take care of it. Good luck
2017-1-10
Use props
Sinisalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066804 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have always had a good experience dealing with DJI repair centers. I would guess that your assessment is going to take longer than normal since it wasn't just a minor fix but a crashed drone.
2017-1-10
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi Dace,

I understand how you feel my P3P in early stages, after a firmware update startedthe no signal issue, no image on screen. It took one month to getto Germany, replace gimbal and camera and get it back.

Ok i understand that professionals should have 2-3 birds for bak up but i believe Dji should through its dealers have a replacement bird just for us that need it. Maybe a photographer has a P4P and P3P , having the P4P out, why not having its capabiities over the older P3P??? I hope DJI plans to do it sometime.

Hope everything turns out well soon for you Dace

Roi
2017-1-10
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Hi Dace,

I was one of the first to post up about the camera gimbal not stopping. I was on my 3rd flight, drained the battery, landed, changed out the battery, and when I turned it back on the camera gimbal would not stop moving up and down. Tried everything with support and ended up mailing it in. Mailed on 12/21, they received on 12/30, Assessed on 12/30, Invoice emailed to let me know it was covered under warranty 12/30, Repair was completed and shipped on 1/4. Not to shabby. But they said they mailed me a new P4P. I am supposed to received it today so I won't know until I get it.  
2017-1-10
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I don't want to take sides because I have read of bad experiences with DJI support, but, I will say that my RMA experience wasn't that bad. After working with support on 12/27/2016 they determined that my P4P needed to be returned. I received the pre-paid UPS label that same day and dropped it off for shipment later that same day. I received numerous emails with status updates and my fixed drone (actually think it's a replacement because my reg sticker is missing from inside the battery compartment) arrived today, 1/10/2017. Less than 2 weeks total is not bad in my opinion.

Now, don't get me started about their sales side charging your credit card and not shipping anything for a month. I no longer order DJI items from DJI. I be sure to find an authorized re-seller in the US and buy from them. No foreign transaction fees from my credit card that way also.

Anyway, my 2-cents worth.
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DaceX80 Posted at 2017-1-10 02:14
I will keep an eye out for movement on the case

DaceX80, Your case has been updated, please feel free to let us know for any further questions, thanks again for your support!
2017-1-11
Use props
DaceX80
lvl.2
Ireland

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-1-10 18:33
I don't want to take sides because I have read of bad experiences with DJI support, but, I will say that my RMA experience wasn't that bad. After working with support on 12/27/2016 they determined that my P4P needed to be returned. I received the pre-paid UPS label that same day and dropped it off for shipment later that same day. I received numerous emails with status updates and my fixed drone (actually think it's a replacement because my reg sticker is missing from inside the battery compartment) arrived today, 1/10/2017. Less than 2 weeks total is not bad in my opinion.

Now, don't get me started about their sales side charging your credit card and not shipping anything for a month. I no longer order DJI items from DJI. I be sure to find an authorized re-seller in the US and buy from them. No foreign transaction fees from my credit card that way also.

Very happy that you got turned around so quickly! Appreciate the comment and like yourself, I have no interest in taking sides or hammering DJI. I have however spent nearly 2k on a piece of equipment that failed on day one of operation. I get that this is how DJI operates but it just seems pretty unfair that my case is handled the same as some idiot who never read the manual and ends up putting their bird in a tree. Its just massively unfair, and if we are being honest this type of customer service should not be stood for. How will DJI improve if there is not feedback from customers.
2017-1-16
Use props
DaceX80
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-11 19:42
DaceX80, Your case has been updated, please feel free to let us know for any further questions, thanks again for your support!

Hi Natalia.

Still no word on what the status is with my case. Been over 3 working days, I have sent multiple emails that are not being replied to. Can we please just get this thing moving?
2017-1-16
Use props
DaceX80
lvl.2
Ireland

Svt04cobra Posted at 2017-1-10 11:01
Hi Dace,

I was one of the first to post up about the camera gimbal not stopping. I was on my 3rd flight, drained the battery, landed, changed out the battery, and when I turned it back on the camera gimbal would not stop moving up and down. Tried everything with support and ended up mailing it in. Mailed on 12/21, they received on 12/30, Assessed on 12/30, Invoice emailed to let me know it was covered under warranty 12/30, Repair was completed and shipped on 1/4. Not to shabby. But they said they mailed me a new P4P. I am supposed to received it today so I won't know until I get it.

Fantastic to hear you got turned around so quickly
2017-1-16
Use props
DaceX80
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-11 19:42

Hi Natalia.

I have been told by online chat and by support that I have received a quotation in the email? I have received no email. Online chat can not help me, and support has stopped replying to emails. This whole process is so infuriating and stressful I am very close to just demanding a refund. Can someone PLEASE update me as to exactly what the problem is here? This whole situation is completely unacceptable and there is literally no end in sight  
2017-1-16
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-1-10 18:33

If you check your emails with regards to when you shipped your P4P and the serial number DJI documented vs the email they sent you for your repair update with the new serial number you can confirm that they did in fact send you a new P4P. That is exactly what happened to me. The emails appeared that DJI fixed my P4P, but in fact they sent me a new one. I confirmed by called 2 separate times.
2017-1-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DaceX80 Posted at 2017-1-16 07:23
Hi Natalia.

I have been told by online chat and by support that I have received a quotation in the email? I have received no email. Online chat can not help me, and support has stopped replying to emails. This whole process is so infuriating and stressful I am very close to just demanding a refund. Can someone PLEASE update me as to exactly what the problem is here? This whole situation is completely unacceptable and there is literally no end in sight

You can check on this app on opening page click on more then dji support then repair history. Good luck
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DaceX80, our support team will help you double check the case, we also saw the new tread you posted just now, will try our best to help you.
2017-1-17
Use props
DaceX80
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-17 01:23
DaceX80, our support team will help you double check the case, we also saw the new tread you posted just now, will try our best to help you.

Natalia this quadcopter failed on the first day of operation. I am an experienced pilot. All available information points to a failure, to hide behind a technicality to try void the warranty is absolutely unacceptable. I do not want to be here complaining about DJI, I have used a Phantom 3 Pro for many yaers. But this situation is absolutely unacceptable. Nowhere on DJI's online store does is say that if a crash damages the internal SD then your warranty is void. It doesnt say that because its a ridiculous position and not legal.

I simply want DJI to do the right thing.
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules