PV2 Plus Camera Focus Quality
2485 19 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1999fxd.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Hi all , just wondering if anyone else experiencing picture quality issues after doing firmware updates , mine has definetly gone down hill after these latest updates, does anyone know if there is any way to adjust the camera focusing on these cameras ? for a 14 mp camera my smatphone takes better quality
Thanks
2015-2-15
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi,
The lens is a fixed focus therefore non adjustable.  

When you say quality has gone down, are you talking resolution, screen noise or general sharpness?   

Screen noise can be a function of the ASA settings- higher is faster (more sensitive) but coarser. Sharpness can be adjusted in the camera settings. STD works well, soft is unusable for me, and sharp is so edge enhanced it will pixillate at the slightest provocation.

Have you checked your sharpness setting? and have you any before/ after shots we can have a look at?
Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-15
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

maybe a picture could do a better explanation.
2015-2-15
Use props
1999fxd.gmail
lvl.4
Thailand

I have tried different settings , will try and post before and after
2015-2-15
Use props
1999fxd.gmail
lvl.4
Thailand

Rod the general sharpness clarity in both the picture and video has gone down
2015-2-15
Use props
jonathan.statt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It doesn't really make a lot of sense unless the camera has taken a knock. There is no auto-focus mechanism, so there is very little that can change. I can say with a fairly high level of certainty that the camera firmwares have not affected image quality, so if anything it's more likely to be an issue with your specific camera.
2015-2-16
Use props
1999fxd.gmail
lvl.4
Thailand

Thanks Jonathan, it has taken a couple of crashes in the very beginning but focus didn't change as it is just the last couple of weeks it has downgraded quality,
2015-2-16
Use props
jonathan.statt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1999fxd.gmail Posted at 2015-2-16 17:11
Thanks Jonathan, it has taken a couple of crashes in the very beginning but focus didn't change as i ...

Do upload some pictures (before and after if you have them)...but even if you don't have old ones...show us some new ones and perhaps we can see what your concern is. If the camera had taken a knock, it would typically show itself my being softer on one part of the frame and sharper on another. So this is very odd.
2015-2-16
Use props
1999fxd.gmail
lvl.4
Thailand

Here is a couple the first taken a couple of days ago, the other Jan 15th and sorry for it being in video layout
2015-2-16
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is definitely possible for a crash to knock the focus out on the camera - it happened to me. Knocked it so far out the camera is unusable. I only had one crash and saw it immediately afterward. There were marks on the camera from striking something, so I know the camera took a hit. Oddly the gimbal was fine though. There is also a video of the camera disassembly showing how the lens is attached. It looks like it would theoretically be possible to adjust the focus but it is definitely not a user friendly operation. The hard part would be to see the focus results while the camera is apart. http://youtu.be/BCFjgAtPqGM
2015-2-16
Use props
jonathan.statt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1999fxd.gmail Posted at 2015-2-16 21:33
Here is a couple the first taken a couple of days ago, the other Jan 15th and sorry for it being in  ...

The picture attachment is not working for me unfortunately
2015-2-16
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

jonathan, post it on imgur.com and then just post a link in here
2015-2-16
Use props
jonathan.statt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-16 23:39
jonathan, post it on imgur.com and then just post a link in here

Thanks...actually it was for 1999fxd.gmail  who was having problems posting his images

Hopefully he will do just as you suggested so we can see his camera woes!
2015-2-16
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

sorry jonathan, when i read i thought you meant the picture attachment button in the reply controls.  my bad.  yes, everyone that has probs with attaching images (which i dont get, if you just simply use img and /img with square brackets [ ] around each, it should embedd without even using a button) but when they do have probs imgur.com is your friend...
2015-2-16
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

here is a copy of what i mean by the img tags since you cant 'type it out', ill show a pic (which i put on imgur of all places to show lololol):

if you literally type that in the middle of any post, it will show the photo that it points to, NOT the text where everything between http...jpg is just a copied link to your image, doesnt even have to be a jpg.  apologies if everyone knew this, but seems like we hear a bunch about image posting issues so just sharing in case.
2015-2-16
Use props
1999fxd.gmail
lvl.4
Thailand

Thanks gnixon , I haven't used the pic link sites in a long time so not on top off
   pic taken a few days ago   

pic taken Jan 15th ,  

amorrison you are probably correct , been told to change out the camera lens board
Thanks All

2015-2-16
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

wow, yeah, thats pretty bad.  the older pic looks awesome.  sorry to hear that, guess service will need to be done
2015-2-16
Use props
dhills
lvl.2

United States

I just received my p3p Monday and my image quality is the same as the image posted. It doesn't look infocus. The video quality is great. If I pull a screen grab from video I captured, I get a good image.
2015-5-14
Use props
1999fxd
lvl.4
Thailand

dhills Posted at 2015-5-15 11:13
I just received my p3p Monday and my image quality is the same as the image posted. It doesn't look  ...

Thanks dhills, that exactly what I first got from initial shots the second crash totally distorted everything, took camera apart and found where the lens screws on to camera circuit board it was easily movable , just about got redialed in and taken better shots than the factory
2015-6-20
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

rod Posted at 2015-2-16 13:05
Hi,
The lens is a fixed focus therefore non adjustable.  

Rod,

Will you take a look at a new thread I just started and share your thoughts again?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-22162-1-1.html

Thanks,

Jerry
2015-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules