DJI go 4 and S7 edge disconnections
2457 18 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced constant disconnects with the DJI Go 4 app on the Samsung S7 edge? The RC is still connected and I can still control the drone as thankfully this has never happened away from VLOS.

On the other hand, using the older DJI go app, I have had no problems at all with disconnects.

Should I just stick with the DJI go app? or is the problem with the S7 Edge? Any other possible causes?

If anyone has any insight, I would really appreciate it a TON.

Thanks and safe flying!

Cheers,
Miko
2017-1-11
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have the Samsung S7 (not edge).  I had some issues until I removed DGI GO and DGI GO4.  Then I cleared all DGI folders from The phone internal storage.  Reinstalled DGI GO 4 and all is well.   I am new to Mavic, as in first two flights today.  However when I got it, I loaded DGI GO and had no problems, did the simulator, checked it out in camera mode and went through menus.  After I found out about DGI GO 4 I installed it and hadn'the deleted DGI GO.  Then I got video transmission problems, and app error warning.  So I deleted DGI GO and looked in storage and found folders both labeled DGI and another DGI.go.4.  So I figured remove all & reinstall.   My flights were only about 15  minutes each in beginner mode, but no problems.  I will fly in Position mode when weather improves.
2017-1-11
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-1-11 19:15
I have the Samsung S7 (not edge).  I had some issues until I removed DGI GO and DGI GO4.  Then I cleared all DGI folders from The phone internal storage.  Reinstalled DGI GO 4 and all is well.   I am new to Mavic, as in first two flights today.  However when I got it, I loaded DGI GO and had no problems, did the simulator, checked it out in camera mode and went through menus.  After I found out about DGI GO 4 I installed it and hadn'the deleted DGI GO.  Then I got video transmission problems, and app error warning.  So I deleted DGI GO and looked in storage and found folders both labeled DGI and another DGI.go.4.  So I figured remove all & reinstall.   My flights were only about 15  minutes each in beginner mode, but no problems.  I will fly in Position mode when weather improves.

thanks for sharing! And good stuff getting the mavic! its a ton of fun isnt it?

I will check that out and see how it goes (I only deleted the DJi go app previousl, will try deleting the folders as well).

Fly safe, have fun.

cheers!
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Miko, here is a thread for your reference. Please try to clear defaults on your mobile device.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-75403-1-1.html
2017-1-12
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-12 00:53
Hello Miko, here is a thread for your reference. Please try to clear defaults on your mobile device.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-75403-1-1.html

After deleting the app, I deleted the cache and app folders. I then went out to try the DJI go 4 app and had no problems on a quick flight.

After looking at the app logs, I found the reason for disconnections was the connection was constantly trying to call out the apps causing disconnections. This only happens on android and not iphones.

I just have one more problem, maybe you will be able to shed some light on it.

When I am using the DJI go 4 app, there are times the screen on the mobile device goes black and the phone locks, I have to unlock it again and the app will be functioning as normal. This seems to only happen on android again and not iOS. Any suggestions to troubleshoot DJI Mindy?

Thanks again for the help everyone.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mikonou Posted at 2017-1-12 01:10
After deleting the app, I deleted the cache and app folders. I then went out to try the DJI go 4 app and had no problems on a quick flight.

After looking at the app logs, I found the reason for disconnections was the connection was constantly trying to call out the apps causing disconnections. This only happens on android and not iphones.

Could you please make a short video of the mobile device goes black and phone locks?
I'll help to report this to our related team.
Besides, could you please clarify the system version of your s7 edge?
2017-1-12
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-12 19:23
Could you please make a short video of the mobile device goes black and phone locks?
I'll help to report this to our related team.
Besides, could you please clarify the system version of your s7 edge?

Thanks Mindy I will have a go pro at the ready next I fly to record the situations. Current android version is 6.0.1 on the Samsung S7 edge.

Will post the vid here once I get a chance to fly.

Cheers.
2017-1-12
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Mikonou Posted at 2017-1-12 20:42
Thanks Mindy I will have a go pro at the ready next I fly to record the situations. Current android version is 6.0.1 on the Samsung S7 edge.

Will post the vid here once I get a chance to fly.

You can also use a screen recording app, such as AZ Screen Recorder. I use it every time I fly, just in case.
2017-1-12
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

I have a galaxy note 5 that worked on my first mavic flight however, it suddenly stopped working even with the DJI Go 4 app and the proper settings. Fortunately I had an old iphone 5 laying around that worked fine so i just use that...saves my phone battery too. I'd recommend getting the cheapest possible device to run designate as your controller screen.
2017-1-13
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update to my earlier post.  I have flown about 8 more times, the last 6 in P-mode and all is well.  Samsung 7, android 6.0.1.  I flew the Mavic with the phone.  Later I plugged in my tablet through the USB port between the clamps and although the tablet started automatically (swipe, type pin, then select DJI GO4) it did not connect -- until I unplugged the power/USB port, then it turned the "Enter Device" (RC Only) or "Go Fly" (both RC and Mavic on) Blue .  Pressed GO Fly and entered camera mode all nice and connected.  Tried Tablet again and had to unplug the Power/USB plug, then all was good.  I plugged the usb back in and everything was OK.  Tried it again.  Turned on RC and that launched phone, swiped and typed and as soon as phone was up it launched the DJI GO4 app and all was good.
2017-1-14
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

Thanks for the updates everyone.

Some updates.

I am still having problems with the dji go 4 app.

Everything works fine up til It takes off and I fly it around for a bit. After which, one of two things will happen

1) The App will disconnect from the Mavic, but the RC can still control the mavic (it did not lose signal and RTH) or,
2) The S7 Edge screen will just go black and the phone will lock. After which, everything is fine after I unlock the phone.

Either symptom is detrimental as I will be taking this drone out to a construction site next week, I will need it to perform.
I have tried taking a video of this happening but it is just so random.

Would it be better for me to just go ahead and use the original DJI go app or just get an iphone for pure drone use lol..... ugh... what a pain ><
2017-1-15
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

have attached a picture of battery error mid flight when the phone started disconnecting. this was something that hasn't happened before. all firmware up to date.

battery error

battery error
2017-1-15
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/f ... nection-issue.5189/

seems like I'm not the only one having problems with the dji go 4 app. a few other posts on these forums and on othere sites. and no real resolution to the problems
2017-1-16
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

Just as a side node.

I also had disconnects on App side sometimes - changed the original USB c cable to a 6€ piece using the normal USB Port of the Remote Controller - everything Rock Solid since that Change.
2017-1-16
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

c_future Posted at 2017-1-16 00:23
Just as a side node.

I also had disconnects on App side sometimes - changed the original USB c cable to a 6€ piece using the normal USB Port of the Remote Controller - everything Rock Solid since that Change.

will give that a try.... I'm honestly just exhausting all possible options. thanks!
2017-1-16
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

c_future Posted at 2017-1-16 00:23
Just as a side node.

Update.

TLDR; micro USB cable DJI provided with RC was faulty, changed that out and it worked with no problems on the S7 Edge.

This has completely solved the disconnecting and false positives on the battery error! Thanks again man I used up 3 batteries today with no problems whatsoever. Here is what I did.

I unplugged the DJI cable the RC came with. I then took a normal USB cable and hooked that straight up to my phone. Worked with absolutely no problems! I just need to find a right angle USB cable now. Its hard to get a good grasp of the controller with the USB plug protruding from the side.

Thanks again everyone!
2017-1-17
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

great to hear! :-D

happy flying!
2017-1-20
Use props
fans154ff3cd
New

United States

Had there been an update for live streaming to face book?I found it unavailable
2017-1-26
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United Kingdom

A lot of people has already found connectivity issues with the app that got solved just by using a different cable. To me it looks like a batch of cables are not fine or that they get messed up too easily. Some phones might be more picky with the cables too, so advice is change them if any problem is found and see if just that solves the issue.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules