1520 8 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InforGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165774 ft
United States

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know what Error Code 46 indicates?

I just had my drone unlocked so I can fly in a NFZ.  It now shows me I can take off, but when I try to start the props I get error code 46 - contact DJI support.

Thanks,
2017-1-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What is the aircraft firmware?
Please provide me a screenshot of the error, I will check it with our engineers, thanks.
2017-1-16
Use props
InforGuy
lvl.2
United States

Hello - the firmware is the latest - v01.02.0602.  I do not have  a screen shot, but when I move the sticks downward to try and start the props, the error appears in the upper left hand portion of the screen - "Unknown Error (Error 46) Cannot Takeoff.  Contact DJI Support.

According to my research, and according to Fly Safe Support, it means "Outside of whitelist area."  The coordinates and radius have been triple checked and just yesterday they advised me the extended the radius.  I went out there again today and still cannot take off.  Another set of eyes would be greatly appreciated as it is an hour drive round trip just for me to go out to the site and test/troublshoot.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + with DJI Go. 4.0.1.
2017-1-17
Use props
InforGuy
lvl.2
United States

The unlock process seems to work 1/2 way.  When I initially turn on the Phantom and App, it shows I am unable to take off.  However, when I go in to General Settings > Unlimit Area > Open No Fly Function, I do see what appears to be a license # present and when I go back out to the main screen, it now says "Ready to Go."  But I cannot start the props.
2017-1-17
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

u got internet access at the location?
2017-1-17
Use props
InforGuy
lvl.2
United States

Yes, definitely have a good signal.
2017-1-17
Use props
InforGuy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia - Do you have any ideas on this one?  The latest from Fly Safe support is they will try entering a new email address (not sure how this can help), and if that does not work, to try a different mobile device.  The instructions I received did indicate IOS was the only one supported right now, but it was confirmed 2x by the same person that Android is supported with DJI Go 4.0 and the P4.  Trying a different mobile device is not an option.  I'm confident most of us do not have multiple phones lying around.
2017-1-18
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

InforGuy, I also have a Samsung S6 Edge and it doesn't work well at all.  I haven't seen that error number, but it has a lot of other issues with the video feed from the P4 to it using GO.  I get sundry pop-up notices while in GO too which is annoying due to some apps that are free but ad sponsored - thanks Android - not!  I got the random reboots at times too, but that seemed to quiet down a bit of late.

If you notice, DJI only reports the S6 and not the Edge version as ones that work on their website too.  Could be the Edge model uses more resources due to the curved screen and the fly-out menu for it that isn't on the S6 plain model.  I think the curved screen also gets hotter and could slow down the Edge's processor speed too.

Not what you want to hear, but I ended up ditching the S6 Edge and bought a dedicated ipad Air 2 cellular and all has been fine since then.  It cost me about $10 per month to add the data plan to it.  No video breakup ever, and standby battery life is magnitudes better than the S6 Edge too.

2017-1-18
Use props
InforGuy
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm all set.  The phone I am using has worked perfectly fine in all other scenarios except when it comes to unlocking a no-fly zone.  I was told my DJI Fly Safe that this device was indeed supported.

I ended up picking up an iPad Mini 2 today and the issue was immediately resolved.  So, even though they told me on two occasions my Android device should work with the unlock feature, it apparently does not.  The iPad works pretty sweet - I saved some cash and got the Wi-Fi only model as my Samsung can be used as a mobile hot spot.  Internet access is required to download the license required to unlock the restricted area.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules