FPV
1217 5 2015-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josephgartrellw
lvl.1

I'm looking into getting FPV for my Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal. I've done some research, and I want to do a plug and play option with no soldering, so I'm probably going to but an Immersion 600 mw transmitter with the premade cord. I also believe that I will buy a Black Pearl monitor due to the included transmitter. I am not sure as to whether I should get the 32 Channel or 7 Channel option for the Black Pearl. I've read that the 7 Channel is optomized for the Immersion transmitter, but some people seem to think that more channels would be better or have gotten good results with the 32 Channel with the Immersion transmitter. I also am undecided about what antennaes to buy to improve the range. I want at least 1 km of range, and I'm looking at the Spironet Patch and Omni set for the Black Pearl. Any recommendations or comments would be appreciated!
2015-2-16
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

ImmersionRC ONLY works on Band F. So all other channels on all other bands are completely useless! The 7 Channel only has Band F (What you need for your immersionRC). The 32-Chanel is said to have terrible results on Band F. They might have improved this within the last couple of months, but I wouldn't risk it. Get a 7-Channel.
2015-2-16
Use props
josephgartrellw
lvl.1

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-16 23:38
ImmersionRC ONLY works on Band F. So all other channels on all other bands are completely useless! T ...

That's what I was thinking I should do. Any thoughts on what type of antennas I should get? I've heard good things about IBCrazy Bluebeam as well as Spironets.
2015-2-16
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

josephgartrellw Posted at 2015-2-17 00:42
That's what I was thinking I should do. Any thoughts on what type of antennas I should get? I've h ...

I use the circular polarized SpiroNets and I'm happy with those. I took one long range test 1km and the picture was stil good. Never tried to go further. I guess the Bluebeams will get similar results. Perhaps others could tell you if patch or halical antennas are any better?
2015-2-16
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-2-16
Use props
josephgartrellw
lvl.1
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-2-17 15:35
Please report back how this performs. This setup is my dream machine with the h4-3d and hero 4 go pr ...

I did a range test this weekend. I got out to 1500 meters when the video began to get fuzzy. The Black Pearl monitor indicates that the patch antenna is the primary antenna used, even at close ranges. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but I am very satisfied with the range. I also went straight up to 1000 meters with not trouble. The Phantom descends slowly, so I didn't try to go any higher.
2015-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules