P4Pro+ Firmware update endless loop
908 3 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
link nugget
lvl.1
Canada

Phantom 4Pro & remote with built in screen

Having a hard time understanding how to upgrade the firmware for the bird and the batteries. I have the remote with the built it screen and the DJI Go4 app on there says go to the homepage of the DJI Go4 app. So I do. Then to connect the bird to my ipad. What? I have the built in screen. Tried the ipad with Go4 just for kicks and nothing.
There is scant information about how to update firmware. Seems to be missing stuff. Is it just me?

I have to p3pros and firmware updates on them are simple.

Any ideas?

2017-1-13
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

User Manual - Page 2: Download the DJI Assistant 2 (version 1.09) - Install on PC
User Manual - Page 64: Upgrading the Aircraft Firmware - Method 1 Using DJI Assistant 2 - follow instructions 1-6
2017-1-13
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

why is it when I open the DJI assistant I only see connection for Inspire 2?
2017-1-13
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-1-13 15:58
why is it when I open the DJI assistant I only see connection for Inspire 2?

That is instructions if you happen to have an Inspire 2. What you do is, install Assistant 2. Then open the app and log on. Then close it. Then connect your powered on P4P to your computer and open Assistant 2 again. Now the app recognizes your P4P and there is an icon that shows a P4P. Double click that and then follow the directions to do the update. Your remote has to be on the entire time too, and connected to the Phantom. It takes about 20 minutes to download and update.
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules