No Insurance in North Carolina
739 4 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2Blades
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99908 ft
United States

I live in Morehead City and I've called everyone about insurance.  Everytime I asked you could just feel the emptyness in the grey matter.  I even had on funny lady that asked "what do you take pictures of, I bet you go to the beach to get bikini shots"!  (have to remeber that!).

From what I was told by two State Farm brokers is that they have been told NOT TO sell drone insurance.  No luck with others, seems with the pros that have been out there for years that this industry would be picking up but some frankly sound scared of drones.  Insurance companies don't care about guns (which everyone has around here) but they are afraid of drones!

Sorry didn't mean to carry on, but if anyone has had success in NC please let me know.  At least I have DJI to fall back on but I would like to find something less expensive.

2017-1-14
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

MjilStudios is in New Bern IIRC and he has State Farm.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-46307-1-1.html

I am in Raleigh and added my top ends (P4P and P3P) to my personal property /camera policy with my G4 and A7S and lenses with USAA with no problems.  Increased my premium by about $40 a year for both.  
2017-1-14
Use props
Jay Bregman
New
Flight distance : 38740 ft
United States

My company, Verifly.com, provides $1m liability starting at $10/hr for both commercial and recreational. Policies are backed by Global Aerospace. All you have to do is search the App Store or Google Play for "Verifly"
2017-1-16
Use props
BrandonMcKnight
New

United States

I have no idea. Thanks for sharing.
2017-2-19
Use props
Brianketo77
lvl.1

United States

Allstate and statefarm insure in Illinois