Probleme with follow me mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

Today I tested the follow me mode but it wouldent work. I have full reception and 19 satillites online, still it would not work.
How many satillites is needed or is there something else that is wrong?
2017-1-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For follow me to work your display device needs GPS, the satellites you see displayed are those being received by the aircraft. It works by knowing where the aircraft is and knowing where the RC is and doing the calculations from there.
2017-1-14
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-14 10:58
For follow me to work your display device needs GPS, the satellites you see displayed are those being received by the aircraft. It works by knowing where the aircraft is and knowing where the RC is and doing the calculations from there.

Ok, I have the iPad mini 4. I read that it would work for the follow me mode. Is there something I should to get it working?
2017-1-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DanielJacobsson Posted at 2017-1-14 11:14
Ok, I have the iPad mini 4. I read that it would work for the follow me mode. Is there something I should to get it working?

Does your ipad mini4 have cellular function ? (it needs to be the cellular model as GPS receiver is built into cell chip, doesn't need a sim card or account though).

If it is wifi only then the follow me will not work as it is, unless you can get some kind of 3rd party GPS receiver you could plug into it and use.
2017-1-14
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-14 11:21
Does your ipad mini4 have cellular function ? (it needs to be the cellular model as GPS receiver is built into cell chip, doesn't need a sim card or account though).

If it is wifi only then the follow me will not work as it is, unless you can get some kind of 3rd party GPS receiver you could plug into it and use.

Ok... It was too bad, especially when people told me that it would work with just wifi model. Is there something that you can wear or any app which allows it to follow you without carring the controller? Like the P4?
2017-1-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DanielJacobsson Posted at 2017-1-14 11:30
Ok... It was too bad, especially when people told me that it would work with just wifi model. Is there something that you can wear or any app which allows it to follow you without carring the controller? Like the P4?

Not that I'm aware of, but check out This link  to Apple forum, there may be a couple of blue tooth GPS receivers you could pair up with your iPad.

Other than the follow me (or set home point to RC position) all else should work well enough with your ipad.
2017-1-14
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-14 12:24
Not that I'm aware of, but check out This link  to Apple forum, there may be a couple of blue tooth GPS receivers you could pair up with your iPad.

Other than the follow me (or set home point to RC position) all else should work well enough with your ipad.

Ok, Thanks for your help
2017-1-16
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Have a read of this thread.  It has lots of information and links about using an external bluetooth GPS to achieve what you want to do.  I use one with my wifi-only iPad and it works really well.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules