Downloading photos using USB?
11651 10 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FotoSander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 416900 ft
Sweden

With my Phantom 3 Pro I could connect the drone to computer with usb cable and download the footage. I can't seem to do that with P4P. Im I doing something wrong or is that not possible?
2017-1-14
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

When you get the Phantom 4, it should come with a 16GB Micro SD card. You can take this out and put it into an adapter and then into your computer to transfer files.
Depending on what available slots you have on your computer you can either get a MicroSD to SD Adapater or a MicoSD to USB Adapter. You can get both online reasonably priced (under $10 USD) or at Walmart, Best Buy, etc.
2017-1-14
Use props
FotoSander
lvl.2
Sweden

Adam Flurk Posted at 2017-1-14 12:22
When you get the Phantom 4, it should come with a 16GB Micro SD card. You can take this out and put it into an adapter and then into your computer to transfer files.
Depending on what available slots you have on your computer you can either get a MicroSD to SD Adapater or a MicoSD to USB Adapter. You can get both online reasonably priced (under $10 USD) or at Walmart, Best Buy, etc.

I know but I don't want to remove the memory card. It's so tiny so I'm afraid to break it. Replaced the standard card with 64 GB.
2017-1-14
Use props
FotoSander
lvl.2
Sweden

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-14 12:31
I leave my sd card in the bird and use the mini usb to usb cable that came with it to transfer files to my PC and then delete from the sd card via the cable.  That way I don't forget to put the sd card back in
It looks like a camera or thumbnail drive in file explorer.

That's how I used to do but the computer can't seem to connect to the P4P. It keeps searching for the USB device after listing it as available.
2017-1-14
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

FotoSander Posted at 2017-1-14 12:54
I know but I don't want to remove the memory card. It's so tiny so I'm afraid to break it. Replaced the standard card with 64 GB.

Careful, you can run into issues with aftermarket SD cards. I did the exact same thing when I first got mine and ended up having issues with non-usable files due to the SD card. Then I started having firmware issues and all kinds of things going on - All due to the SD card. Once I put the original back in all of those problems disappeared.
2017-1-14
Use props
FotoSander
lvl.2
Sweden

Adam Flurk Posted at 2017-1-14 13:23
Careful, you can run into issues with aftermarket SD cards. I did the exact same thing when I first got mine and ended up having issues with non-usable files due to the SD card. Then I started having firmware issues and all kinds of things going on - All due to the SD card. Once I put the original back in all of those problems disappeared.

Never had that kind of problems. I use SanDisk Extreme MicroSDXC 64GB on P4P and SanDisk cards on all my other cameras as well since 2009 without any incidents. You should always format the card using the device you put it in though.
2017-1-14
Use props
FotoSander
lvl.2
Sweden

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-14 13:24
PC or Mac?   If PC you may need a device driver that comes with DJI Assistant 2 http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

Mine is a P4 but I can't imagine a P4P is any different.

PC, tried installing it but same error and yes, the drone is turned on. Will try again later to see if rebooting helps.
2017-1-14
Use props
Hendo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Definitely sounds like a drive issue, as mentioned above, install DJI Assistant and that will install the driver, make sure you reboot.
2017-1-14
Use props
FotoSander
lvl.2
Sweden

Hendo Posted at 2017-1-14 13:47
Definitely sounds like a drive issue, as mentioned above, install DJI Assistant and that will install the driver, make sure you reboot.

Thought so me too but installing DJI Assistant and rebooting did not solve it for me.
2017-1-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FotoSander Posted at 2017-1-14 12:54

Don't worry about removing the SD card.
It's more than strong enough and it will not break.

Removing the card is the normal way to copy your images across and anything else is much slower and more complicated.
2017-1-14
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, microSD cards are super resilient. I remember when they first came out and I threw one hard at the ground multiple times and it still functioned fine, I wanted to see how durable it was.
2017-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules