Mavic in Philadelphia catches secret army convoy
1575 17 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skelator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420062 ft
United States

This just looks suspicious.... Inauguration riot control possibly?

2017-1-14
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to the US of Trump.

Who knows. You could be right. As a Brit I can't really comment on the sentiment in the states right now, but I can't imagine everything is calm.
2017-1-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Aren't there other forums out there that are better suited to political chat?
2017-1-15
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2017-1-15 03:11

Who knows. You could be right. As a Brit I can't really comment on the sentiment in the states right now, but I can't imagine everything is calm.

More like the US of sore losers who think it's ok to riot when democracy doesn't go their way. Cool video though.
2017-1-15
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

So, without even touching on the politics, conspiracy theories and folks that can't get past this election...

...this is some of the worst video I've seen.  Sorry Op, I realize the intent was probably just to document, not to entertain or wow us with smooth transitions and clear images.  However:  Your Mavic has an issue with the gimbal.  Its not stabilizing properly and the video is very jumpy.  Second, you flew with the gimbal cover on in broad daylight.  That allowed so many reflections to get in the way that i started to forget about what I was watching and focused on the glare.  Finally, and most importantly, this is me of the riskiest flying I've seen to date, perhaps with the exception of the guy who went to 1500 feet over a major city... above the clouds.  Flying so close to power lines (probably without visual from the ground) and in such a cluttered area is just asking for trouble... which it appears was found in the final moments of the video.  At least it wasn't over top of a crowd of people.

That equipment is most likely headed for a new home or to be sold because it is outdated or unneeded.  If it were meant for DC, it would have rolled down the highway with the appropriate soldiers in it.  WAY too much work and expense to load and haul a short distance.  Regardless, it isn;'t even the right type of equipment for any sort of riot/crowd control.

I hope your Mavic survived the crash.  I hope some lessons were learned in the process.  Fly safe!
2017-1-15
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

I think that was just a digital zoom, not a crash.

I'm interested in how the logo got edited in. That looks really neat. I thought the street team logo was a sign in the beginning.

It follows the footage so smoothly. Anyone know how to do that? Is it something in Final Cut?
2017-1-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should be saying welcome to Obamas america, trump isn't in office yet.
2017-1-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2017-1-15
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-15 09:03

This was a wasted thread to click on: politics: really people!  I also agree that the Mavic has some issues with the gimbal.  I wish there was a way to ban political comments on these forums!
2017-1-15
Use props
Skelator
lvl.2
United States

Yea this wasn't meant to be political at all!! Just caught a army convoy being brought in on a train in philly while i was playing around with the mavic..

And i did not crash the Mavic!!  Not the new one anyway!

Also the logo was added in with adobe after effects.  If you would like to know how to do it. Search for "3d camera tracking tutorials in After Effects"
2017-1-15
Use props
rapcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8871 ft
  • >>>
United States

Military hardware moves via rail all the time as a function of logistics, unit realignments, depot level of repair or regeneration.
2017-1-15
Use props
Aivins4UFO51
lvl.1

United States

Completely normal vehicle transportation for the military, most likely shipping to another state that's all. happens all the time ;)
2017-1-15
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

Skelator Posted at 2017-1-15 09:38
Yea this wasn't meant to be political at all!! Just caught a army convoy being brought in on a train in philly while i was playing around with the mavic..

I DID appreciate the logo!  Nice editing there.
2017-1-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-1-15 09:26
This was a wasted thread to click on: politics: really people!  I also agree that the Mavic has some issues with the gimbal.  I wish there was a way to ban political comments on these forums!

Don't read the comments, pretty basic stuff, easy to figure out, I've got faith in you.
2017-1-15
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-15 11:05
Don't read the comments, pretty basic stuff, easy to figure out, I've got faith in you.

Moderators: how 'bout labeling this post as {Misleading} too as you did mine!!!

...oh maybe you only reserve doing that for when someone posts something you don't like about DJI
2017-1-15
Use props
Skelator
lvl.2
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-1-15 11:09
Moderators: how 'bout labeling this post as {Misleading} too as you did mine!!!

...oh maybe you only reserve doing that for when someone posts something you don't like about DJI

Again this wasn't meant for every D-Bag to post their political views. I could care less if this is actually for the face stomping of protesters or not. I just thought it was interesting that this comes in on the supposed secret rails under the city a week before inauguration day.
2017-1-15
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Not worried. Bikers will be at the capitol building for his swearing in. They will stop any pajama boys from creating a rukus for the emperor. Hear it's around 100,000 bikers.

No order 66 here. He doesn't have the power, even with Soro's billion he spent trying to defeat Trump. You know bobo means fool in spanish
2017-1-15
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

why is there so much jelly? also the right side of the camera is blurry maybe u need a calibration
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules