Phantom 4 Pro gimbal hardware issue or firmware issue?
795 2 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Alright, my second P4Pro is doing this, (not all the time.)
When i fire the bird the camera goes all the way over the 90degree angle and stops moving. I couldn´t move it with the the wheel. It just stays.
I didn´t see any error messages.
It´s not the ribbon cable issue. I checked it like ten times (My first one had it) Firmware is the latest. All the calibrations are OK.
And it also did the following: When i pressed the C1 button to move the camera straight down, it went like 30degrees and jumped back up. I couldn´t get it to face down, it always jumped back up. But if i used the wheel to manually rotate the gimbal everyting was fine. It went all the way down.
I wasn´t able to get footage out of this problem since it didn´t do it anymore when i came back inside.
This is a brand new one with 3 test flights behind. This is really frustfrating.

2017-1-16
Use props
rustygal
lvl.1
United States

I had very similar gimbal problems after 4 flights of the new Phantom 4 Pro. After doing all the recalibrations that were suggested, I was told to send it back for warranty work, which I did. They have had it for several days now, but no word. I did read that they have just made available a new firmware that seems to address some gimbal malfunctions. You might try that before sending it back....
2017-1-16
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

rustygal Posted at 2017-1-16 15:55
I had very similar gimbal problems after 4 flights of the new Phantom 4 Pro. After doing all the recalibrations that were suggested, I was told to send it back for warranty work, which I did. They have had it for several days now, but no word. I did read that they have just made available a new firmware that seems to address some gimbal malfunctions. You might try that before sending it back....

I do have the latest firmware.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules