Phantom 4 Random Horizontal Gimbal Movement
1016 4 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

On January 09 I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro.  I have installed the January 11 firmware update and calibrated the IMU, Compass, RC Unit, Re-bound the Controller, and Gimbal on level surfaces away from any interferance.
Almost all of the video clips that I have recorded appear to have what I believe to be a random horizontal gimbal motion that spoil the clip.  Below is a URL that shows the behavior about half way though the clip.  I would appreciate the input of this forum to determine if this is normal behavior.

Donald Barar

2017-1-16
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bump Bump Bump
2017-1-16
Use props
ah42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68353 ft
United States

I'm also experiencing this issue. I've noticed that when I switch from video to photo mode the gimbal twitches and the horizon goes uneven. This is a really annoying bug, hope it's fixed with this latest firmware update, haven't had a chance to test yet.
2017-1-16
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ah42 Posted at 2017-1-16 07:33
I'm also experiencing this issue. I've noticed that when I switch from video to photo mode the gimbal twitches and the horizon goes uneven. This is a really annoying bug, hope it's fixed with this latest firmware update, haven't had a chance to test yet.

Hi A,

Thanks for writing.  I have also noticed some "twitting" when changing from still to video and vice versa.  I can live with this.  What I can not live are the random gimbal movements when recording a video clip as it spoils the entire sequence.

I have seen several other posts mentioning random gimbal movement.  I would very much like for a DJI representative to add their comments as to what action to take as I am trying to determine if this is a firmware issue or a manufacturing defect.

Donald Barar
2017-1-16
Use props
fans72e5b088
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

DGBarar Posted at 2017-1-16 07:49
Hi A,

Thanks for writing.  I have also noticed some "twitting" when changing from still to video and vice versa.  I can live with this.  What I can not live are the random gimbal movements when recording a video clip as it spoils the entire sequence.

Same here after upgrade. I do not know if this were before upgrade for there I upgraded all firmware right away when I got the p4p in my hands.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules