P4P+ screen lockups cured with 2017.01.11?
577 1 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

I have posted and replied in here a few times regarding the P4P+ remote with built-in display/tablet freezing during flight (touching the screen would have no effect except the 'pop' sound and eventually the message below would appear). I upgraded this weekend to the v01.02.0304 firmware on the P4P drone unit (and all batteries) and flew through 5 batteries.

In the past (per my previous posts), I would not make it through a flying session without at least 1-3 screen freezes (the DJI Go 4 app in the built in tablet would stop responding and require a reboot of the tablet mid-flight). This past weekend I flew through 4 high capacity batteries (and one partial standard battery) and the P4P+ controller did not freeze or lockup at all, not one time.

Could be coincidence, but I wonder if it's possible that the plague of freeze/hanges on the P4P+ remote was actually caused by the aircraft or battery. It still reads as version 4.0.0 of the DJI Go 4 app, so I think the Plus remote is still very ripe for an update, but I have to confess, the past flying session shot a little ray of hope into my current outlook on the P4P+ remote. The P4P+ remote still desperately needs an update.

Will see if it lasts this upcoming week.   Anyone else experience different results with this latest firmware on P4P+?

p4p+ screen freeze

p4p+ screen freeze
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for your feedback, we've reported it to our engineers recently and they are working on it.
Very glad to hear there is no freeze or lockup for your flights now.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules