Short Waterfall Video
927 11 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UtahKevin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301535 ft
United States

I shot this at 2.7K and exported as 1080P. I used D Cinelike, then did some basic color corections in Premiere pro. I'm an experinced photographer but video is pretty new to me, let me know what you think.

2017-1-16
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good stuff!
2017-1-16
Use props
res89
lvl.1
United States

Looks great to me!
2017-1-16
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pretty good... I wished when you went up you kept going and then flew backward so we can see the top with the entire mountain view and then came back to the waterfall while getting closer and going down...

2017-1-16
Use props
UtahKevin
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Cains76 and res89! Epetlicening, good suggestions, I'll give that a try next time.
2017-1-16
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Super awesome really cool waterfall! I almost wonder if you could have pulled even more blue out of that ice for some really cool color contrast. I'm starting to get jealous of all these cool waterfall shoots...I need to do one myself now.
2017-1-16
Use props
UtahKevin
lvl.3
United States

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-1-16 21:14
Super awesome really cool waterfall! I almost wonder if you could have pulled even more blue out of that ice for some really cool color contrast. I'm starting to get jealous of all these cool waterfall shoots...I need to do one myself now.

Thanks! I'm still learning to use Preimer Pro, if it was a photo in Photoshop I could get some blue in the Ice easy.  
2017-1-16
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-1-16 21:14

Was going to say the same thing! thing it would make the snow/ice "pop" a bit more, otherwise cool video.
2017-1-17
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Like you I'm more a photographer who's transitioning, and therefore having to think through the time dimension and the story.  Trying to think in more dimensions as others have said is a real challenge. It's difficult enough when you're constrained by having your feet on the ground, let alone flying a drone as well.  Great starting point of a video though.
2017-1-17
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Like you I'm a photographer (only as a hobby), and have started some filming on the side nearly 3 years ago. I'm impressed with your nice video, it looks really good. The comments already given have valid suggestions on how you can improve this even further. From an editing perspective I think you could've done the switching scene (37 seconds in) a little bit later, so it matches with the music which also changes just a second later. Now the video changes a bit odd, and when the music makes it's sparkles and change it feels a bit like you've mismatched the sound and image.
2017-1-17
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Breathtaking images!
2017-1-17
Use props
UtahKevin
lvl.3
United States

dirkjan82 Posted at 2017-1-17 03:11
Like you I'm a photographer (only as a hobby), and have started some filming on the side nearly 3 years ago. I'm impressed with your nice video, it looks really good. The comments already given have valid suggestions on how you can improve this even further. From an editing perspective I think you could've done the switching scene (37 seconds in) a little bit later, so it matches with the music which also changes just a second later. Now the video changes a bit odd, and when the music makes it's sparkles and change it feels a bit like you've mismatched the sound and image.

Great point about the music, I think that small change could have some impact. Thanks!
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules