Low photo resolution.
1427 3 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssymonds
New

Germany

Hi, Just got my Mavic Pro and have been very pleased with the video results. Today I started experimenting with photography. First I played around a little with the gesture mode and got very good results with the picture resolution I would expect from my settings. Next I switched to photo mode and took a few shots of a lighthouse. After downloading the images to my pc I noticed that the resolution of the photos I took of the lighthouse was far less than those I took in gesture mode. I'm guessing the issue involves my photo settings but I can't see what I have done wrong. The camera is currently set to take photos at 16:9, RAW. Any ideas?
2017-1-17
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firstly you may as well hae it take photos at 4:3 because16:9 only crops the top and bottom which you can do later yourself if required.
RAW typically looks quite poor until you have done some processing, if you don't have software to do it probably best stick with the JPG which is probably what te auto mode uses.RAW followed by your own adjustments will practically always be better if you get it right.
Keep an eye on iSO, if left in auto it will sometimes use a higher ISO than you might choose.
Lower is best especialy for photos use 100 when ever possible.
Higher ISO soon gets quite grainy
2017-1-17
Use props
ssymonds
New

Germany

Hi, thanks for the tips. I shoot mostly in RAW with my SLR and I'm familiar with the post processing process. What concerns me is the image dimensions, when viewed after download the number of pixels is far less than the jpg shots. For the time being, I've switched to jpg until I can do more testing. I'm currently on holiday...
IMG_2893.JPG
2017-1-18
Use props
Will_UK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You aren't just looking at the photos on the phone/ipad from the cache? They are much lower res... a few people have made this mistake.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules