loose camera connection
990 16 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
townsendfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231171 ft

United States

When i first got myP3S I was using a small LG android 4.4.2.I did not loose camera image on the phone..the phone was to small
so I got a samsung galaxy A tablet 5.1.1.Downloaded the app and as I am flying I loose camera connection.Sometimes within
30 feet and sometimes not until I reach 300 to 400 feet.My view on the tab. turns gray.I am loosing connection and it wants to
rth.My fw is 1.7.90.It did not happen on the small phone.I keep getting the red banner to upgrade to the new fw 1.8.10 but
after reading all the posts I am not sure if I should.I might try if it would help with the disconnecting.The disconnecting dose not
happen all of the time but it is very annoying when trying to make a video.Is anyone else with the galaxy A having this problem?
I have read how to set the antenna so that is not the problem.
2017-1-17
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Have you tried the LG to see if it is also having the same problem?
2017-1-17
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Try flying on the LG and see if you have the same issues. Also try flying in a different area and make sure your antennas are in the proper orientation. Do you have the latest version of DJI GO Installed on your tablet?
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try above advice. Besides, please make sure you do not have any programs running in the background.
2017-1-18
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

MrPinaColada Posted at 2017-1-17 13:50
Try flying on the LG and see if you have the same issues. Also try flying in a different area and make sure your antennas are in the proper orientation. Do you have the latest version of DJI GO Installed on your tablet?

I have 3.1.1 for the app and 1.7.90 for the fw on the new galaxy A7 and the same on the LG.I have not
tried the LG since I got the new galaxy A7
2017-1-18
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 00:19
Please try above advice. Besides, please make sure you do not have any programs running in the background.

Mindy when I used the LG I did not try to close any of the programs that might have been running.
To be truthful I am not sure how to stop any of the running programs.I am not really sure how to
do that.I am not very computer savvy.thanks
2017-1-18
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-1-18 11:31
Mindy when I used the LG I did not try to close any of the programs that might have been running.
To be truthful I am not sure how to stop any of the running programs.I am not really sure how to

Mindy I will try the LG as soon as the wind dies down.
2017-1-18
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-1-18 11:43
Mindy I will try the LG as soon as the wind dies down.

Most Android devices come with hogware pre-installed. Any Google Play apps can be uninstalled, click settings/apps and uninstall or disable anything your'e not going to be using. Hogware can be either stopped or disabled. Best advice is to turn off Google Play auto updating by clicking on the Google Play settings. Also turn off notifications for each app, including DJI GO. The lesser number of apps installed on the device, the better it will run the DJI GO app.  
2017-1-18
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-18 12:19
Most Android devices come with hogware pre-installed. Any Google Play apps can be uninstalled, click settings/apps and uninstall or disable anything your'e not going to be using. Hogware can be either stopped or disabled. Best advice is to turn off Google Play auto updating by clicking on the Google Play settings. Also turn off notifications for each app, including DJI GO. The lesser number of apps installed on the device, the better it will run the DJI GO app.

thanks Betamace on my tab I have application manager,I can see what apps are running,if I click
stop will I be able to restart them again if I want to.again thanks for the help
2017-1-18
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-1-18 12:53
thanks Betamace on my tab I have application manager,I can see what apps are running,if I click
stop will I be able to restart them again if I want to.again thanks for the help

Personally speaking, I don't use the App Manager. I use Settings/apps. You will be able to see what's running if you left-swipe once you are in settings/apps.

When you boot the tablet the apps you previously stopped will usually be able to start. Rule of thumb though, Google services are integrated into most of the processes. That means they may not stay stopped or even paused for more than a few seconds.
Really, the easiest way to clear out the clutter is by doing a factory reset. The Google Services will not be effected. But any photos/videos/downloads and Play Store apps will then be gone.   
2017-1-18
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-18 13:21
Personally speaking, I don't use the App Manager. I use Settings/apps. You will be able to see what's running if you left-swipe once you are in settings/apps.

When you boot the tablet the apps you previously stopped will usually be able to start. Rule of thumb though, Google services are integrated into most of the processes. That means they may not stay stopped or even paused for more than a few seconds.

Again thank you.I can see which apps can be disabled and which ones I can stop updating.I will give that
a try
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-1-18 11:31

Here is a link of how to stop app running in the background for your reference.
https://www.androidpit.com/how-t ... ckground-on-android
Please keep us posted.
2017-1-19
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-19 01:17
Here is a link of how to stop app running in the background for your reference.
https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-stop-apps-running-in-the-background-on-android
Please keep us posted.

thank you Mindy this is what I need.You guys have been so helpful.I will try these things and see if
it helps as soon as the weather gets better.I I will report back
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-1-19 09:43
thank you Mindy this is what I need.You guys have been so helpful.I will try these things and see if
it helps as soon as the weather gets better.I I will report back

Happy to help. :-)
2017-1-20
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

Mindy sorry for the delay.I have been in bed for  a bad back.I did try my small LG android.I did not
loose connection at any time.Then used my Samsung A 7 and lost connection at about 40 feet from
my location then regained connection and lost it later in the flight.I will try to stop all active apps that
are running in the back ground.Do I also stop the dji app that is running in the background and if I do
will it affect the app during my flight?
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-1-24 11:40
Mindy sorry for the delay.I have been in bed for  a bad back.I did try my small LG android.I did not
loose connection at any time.Then used my Samsung A 7 and lost connection at about 40 feet from
my location then regained connection and lost it later in the flight.I will try to stop all active apps that

Sorry for the late reply due to Chinese New Year holiday.
Stop other apps instead of DJI GO app.
The App requires more processing power so probably it's incompatible with DJI GO app.
2017-2-3
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-3 02:23
Sorry for the late reply due to Chinese New Year holiday.
Stop other apps instead of DJI GO app.
The App requires more processing power so probably it's incompatible with DJI GO app.

thanks Mindy.I have stopped all apps and I get disconnects SOME times.Not as bad as before.So I
tried stopping the apps and also stopped the DJI go 2 times.Both times the flights went with out a hitch.
there were no disconnects.
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules