My firmware version changes depending on flight mode!?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Cheat
lvl.1

United States

I normally fly my P3a in P-mode, and every time I do it tells me that a firmware update is required.  I'm currently on version 1.5.30+.   No big deal, everything seems to work just fine.

I switched it to F-mode on the controller, and booted up, and suddenty I noticed that it no longer told me an update was required.  I look in the "about" section and it tells me that my firmware is 1.10.90 !   

How is this possible?  When I switch back to P-mode it goes back to telling me I'm on the old firmware.  Is this normal, or am I correct in assuming that this is quite bizzare?

2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

That seems interesting, you've already upgrade it to the latest, right?
May I know what mobile device you use to connect remote?
Please try to delete it and re-install, then check again.
2017-1-19
Use props
The Cheat
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-19 02:32
That seems interesting, you've already upgrade it to the latest, right?
May I know what mobile device you use to connect remote?
Please try to delete it and re-install, then check again.

I have not tried to update.  My aircraft was shipped to me from DJI like this.  I am using an iPad mini 4, and I have deleted the app and reinstalled.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The Cheat Posted at 2017-1-19 10:11
I have not tried to update.  My aircraft was shipped to me from DJI like this.  I am using an iPad mini 4, and I have deleted the app and reinstalled.

Please try to upgrade firmware in P mode as the notification popping up on the screen, then check again.
Or you can try to connect the aircraft with another mobile device.
2017-1-19
Use props
The Cheat
lvl.1

United States

I did connect with another device and I got the same situation. I'm hesitant to update my firmware since everything works perfectly as it is, and I'm nervous after reading several reports of users having a bad experience after updating.
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules