Is LoS needed for receiver signal
663 5 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans551aba79
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Guys

If its a stupid question then apologies. Something to pass the time at least while my mavic is built and forgot about and then shipped at one point!

How strong is the signal from the rc to mavic? Ive seen posts about how it should be lined up of sorts with the 2 antenna/aerials.
For example if I flew it over the roof of my building and to the other side of said building would I have any issues with signal? Just had an idea of surprising my dad
when he is in my carpark! Any replies are appreciated thanks for your time. Happy flying to all and good luck to everyone else in the dark waiting!

2017-1-19
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Watch this official video by DJI

2017-1-19
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

To fly down behind trees, buildings, large trucks, hills and mountains will remove the radio signals to your Mavic. It will almost be like and play Russian roulette with a pistol and one cartridge in the drum. Radio signals from the controller goes very far when there is nothing in between transmitter/receiver. The best advice to you would be that you constantly shut be able to see your Mavic.  Fly safe.

Regards Leif.
2017-1-19
Use props
fans551aba79
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply will give it watch now!
2017-1-19
Use props
fans551aba79
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2017-1-19 04:46
Hi.

To fly down behind trees, buildings, large trucks, hills and mountains will remove the radio signals to your Mavic. It will almost be like and play Russian roulette with a pistol and one cartridge in the drum. Radio signals from the controller goes very far when there is nothing in between transmitter/receiver. The best advice to you would be that you constantly shut be able to see your Mavic.  Fly safe.

Appreciated Leif will probably not go with my original plan and just hide behind a car haha. Just need it to arrive before tuesday now
2017-1-19
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

It's only an good advice given from here.   

In addition, you should always make sure RTH altitude is greater than the things your Mavic can meet if you lose radio contact. Mine is set at 40 meters.

Fly safely, Leif.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules