Lost sd card
1092 5 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cropduster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

I physically lost the sd card that came with my std. Luckily, i guess, I just plain lost or misplaced it while I had it out of the aircraft, not while the bird was up. Anyway, I have a new one, albeit a 32 gb card. But now I am unsure how to proceed. Do I need to go through the firmware upgrade procedure, or just stick it in and fly? And once I get it to fly, and I want/need to again replace the card, will I have to do it all again? And do I need to do anything special when I change to a new spare battery?  
    Thanks in advance for your help.
2017-1-19
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

just put the sd card in and fly, you may want to format it with the phantom with the dji app
2017-1-19
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Just stick it in and fly, the P3S does not need any information from the SD card.
2017-1-19
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

just stick it in and fly have you flown it before if so you dont need the firmware on it use any compatible sd card and go
some say that they have problems with the sd card no working with the the quad so you mite get error saying sd missing or something like that format it try again format it using dji go app see what happens
2017-1-19
Use props
cropduster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

Horus Posted at 2017-1-19 11:44
just stick it in and fly have you flown it before if so you dont need the firmware on it use any compatible sd card and go

Thanks for your prompt replies. It's raining in the desert right now, but I'll go flying when it stops!
2017-1-19
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

If you don't have one of the class 10 cards it probably wont work, I bought a cheap 32gb card and it would fail when trying to record.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules