Phantom 4 Antenna question
642 2 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Insomniak2
New

United States

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question.... I just bought my phantom 4 about a week ago and I have been messing with the range. I wanted to know how the antenna system works on the RC... is one for receiving and the other transmitting or vice versa? Or are they identical.

The reason I ask is this, Ive noticed if i unhook my right antenna (if your looking down at the remote) and only use the left antenna, the phantom still flies fine and I can get out to about 2800+ feet easily.

If I do the opposite and unhook the left antenna and only use the right antenna, the phantom loses signal completely in about 20 Feet from me, like it's not flyable.

Can someone enlighten me and tell me if I have a bad RC? or just a bad antenna? Or is this how it's supposed to work?

Thanks!
Daniel

(before you ask) I didn't do any mods to the RC. I just opened it up and unhooked the little gray factory wires and tested each one individually.

Lastly --- if this is not how it's supposed to function and its a defect..... did I void my warranty by opening up the remote?

Thanks.
2017-1-19
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

One is for image/video the other for control
2017-1-19
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi, are you looking for longer range? If you want more range change to the long range antenna's.
As said one antenna is for transmission of the video feed and the other is for aircraft control.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules