A new video problem
1663 10 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

Yesterday I received a replacement of my P4 pro.  The replacement drone still has a problem with the video, and this problem is common to many costumers. I recorded 4k 60 fps videos, the problem is shown with any micro sd card (Sony Dji original, Sandisk extreme pro, Samsung pro). I bought this drone to have a better quality in video recording as advertised by Dji, but the videos are unserviceable. I waited one month to have a replacement of the previous drone because Dji didn’t have any item in stock, and now I have again a drone that doesn’t work as it should and I am loosing clients because I can’t record videos and work with them. The question is: does Dji have P4 pro with no problems? I ask for a refund or a replacement (DOA) with a new product with no problems and within the expected time (5 working days) I own other 4k cameras, osmo mobile and a P4 and the videos are perfect with no flaws. iMac (Retina 5K, 27 pollici, Late 2015) 4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB DDR3 a 1867 MHz AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB Internal SSD 1 Tera
P4 pro Last Firmware
Slow motion video editing
Original video (wetransfer) https://we.tl/byI6LJDpRj
I remain waiting for a kind reply, regards,

2017-1-20
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fans_Drone...  thats terrible.  Sorry to hear you are having this problem.  Question, does the problem occur at lower resolutions?

The P4 has had a longstanding problem (different than the one you showed) of becoming very pixillated if shooting at full 4k and either flying at low altitude (since so much more detail is required to be captured) or when doing faster gimbal tilts up or down... sometimes just too much information is being processed.  I'm wondering if the P4P has a similar problem but it just shows up as dropped frames?

Anyway, curious to know if this occurs at lower resolutions than full 4K?  Also curious to know if this problem occurs when flying at higher altitude?

And finally, whats up with the horizon on your drone?  Terrible.  Have you calibrated the IMU, Gimbal, compass, etc?
2017-1-20
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-1-20 05:41
Fans_Drone...  thats terrible.  Sorry to hear you are having this problem.  Question, does the problem occur at lower resolutions?

The P4 has had a longstanding problem (different than the one you showed) of becoming very pixillated if shooting at full 4k and either flying at low altitude (since so much more detail is required to be captured) or when doing faster gimbal tilts up or down... sometimes just too much information is being processed.  I'm wondering if the P4P has a similar problem but it just shows up as dropped frames?

I don’t have testing p4 pro at low resolutions, i need a video 4k 60 fps for my works, at higher altitude is the same; check my video of the first p4pro.

Cold imu, gimball etc, latest firmware, but with the previous firmware is the same

thanks for your concern

2017-1-20
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

Two things.. What wrapper are you using.. .mov or .mp4?  Is it safe to assume you're using auto exposure settings?  

If 60FPS isn't absolutely necessary, I'd consider going H.265 4k 30fps and look at how stunning the detail is.  H265 can take color correction like  a champ as well.  Either way, it might be worth testing -- just to see if you have the same frame dropping and ghosting issues.  I'd also go with the .mov wrapper vs mp4.  Let us know how it goes.
2017-1-20
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the same issues. Multiple frame rates and resolutions. Sometimes it is dropping a frame and it glitches when it tries to recover. I tested multiple cards, same intermittent issues. Sent mine in for warranty after 6 flights. NOT confident that DJI has a fix and will play the shipping game back and fourth until they come up with a firmware fix.....
2017-1-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I would love to look at your original footage, but I refuse to join some file transfer service in order to do so. Most people here use Dropbaox, which does not make any demands on the user.
2017-1-20
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

Flying High AZ Posted at 2017-1-20 10:59
Two things.. What wrapper are you using.. .mov or .mp4?  Is it safe to assume you're using auto exposure settings?  

If 60FPS isn't absolutely necessary, I'd consider going H.265 4k 30fps and look at how stunning the detail is.  H265 can take color correction like  a champ as well.  Either way, it might be worth testing -- just to see if you have the same frame dropping and ghosting issues.  I'd also go with the .mov wrapper vs mp4.  Let us know how it goes.

Mp4 or Mov is the same for the jerk problem.
I use 60 fps because the videos are more flowing.
I use final cut and h265 isn't supported without encoding
2017-1-21
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

fans_drone Posted at 2017-1-21 00:33
Mp4 or Mov is the same for the jerk problem.
I use 60 fps because the videos are more flowing.
I use final cut and h265 isn't supported without encoding

I forgot to suggest trying manual mode, to see if the issue might be related to exposure settings changing (albeit unlikely) just trying to help isolate the issue.
2017-1-21
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-20 17:07
I would love to look at your original footage, but I refuse to join some file transfer service in order to do so. Most people here use Dropbaox, which does not make any demands on the user.

original footage https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrzcr2d3on1e0sk/DJI_0009.MOV?dl=0
2017-1-21
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

Flying High AZ Posted at 2017-1-21 00:47
I forgot to suggest trying manual mode, to see if the issue might be related to exposure settings changing (albeit unlikely) just trying to help isolate the issue.

Dear Flying High, in auto or in manual iso 100 shutter suitable to fps value there is still jerking
2017-1-21
Use props
fans_drone
lvl.2
Italy

Not news about jerk problem?
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules