simulator
3426 17 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
billmutt
New

United States

When I use the flight simulator, there is no terrain in the environment. All I see is a green box with a smaller box from where the drone starts. How do I import or download the simulator arena? or actually see some terrain in the simulator.
2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

i think the simulator is only to get used with controller commands. i dont think is a full-terrain simulator.
2017-1-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are two different simulators, the one available in DJI Go App, and the one available in Assistant 2 (which is displayed on computer screen). Neither are brilliant in terms of detail. But good in terms of being able to practice some of the things you wouldn't do in real life, like seeing if you can restart the motors should you ever shut them down while flying
2017-1-20
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-20 09:58
There are two different simulators, the one available in DJI Go App, and the one available in Assistant 2 (which is displayed on computer screen). Neither are brilliant in terms of detail. But good in terms of being able to practice some of the things you wouldn't do in real life, like seeing if you can restart the motors should you ever shut them down while flying

I did that too but I don't know if it would work in real life.
2017-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The onboard flight SIM can be useful, for trying various scenarios, as well, to drain down and deep cycle your flight batteries

For a real "simulating" feeling with an incredibly awesome experience, see www.realflight.com X

I'll only use the DJI SIM very rarely, having RealFlight Drone and RealFlight 6.5. Looking forward to picking up X. ;-)
Perhaps in the future, the DJI SIM will improve and have more interesting background graphics.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-20
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-20 10:02
I only tried it after a few real flights, never got the hang of it and gave up.  I also tried MS flight simulator years ago and never managed to take off so maybe I just can't do sims

When I was in high school we had a flight simulator with a cokpit and all. I don't think it was realistic because I would do flips in huge passenger planes.
2017-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Our Edmonton International Airport recently purchased a very expensive helicopter simulator. $3.5M
There are only two like it, in the world,.
http://edmontonjournal.com/news/ ... ly-two-in-the-world

RedHotPoker
2017-1-20
Use props
AndyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80141 ft
United Kingdom

I use the DJI Assistant 2 sim for waypoint mission planning. Put in the lat/long coordinates where you're going to fly from, set the mission and fly it. Activate the GPS on the tablet and take a look as you're flying the sim...I quite like it!
2017-1-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where I've found the sim useful is for practice flying in wind in ATTI mode, or checking general wind affect on speed and direction in P mode.
2017-1-20
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

There poo..............................
2017-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

But better than nothing, for many rank new drone pilots. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-1-20
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-20 16:22
But better than nothing, for many rank new drone pilots. ;-)

You correct in saying 'better than nothing',as you said,this sim is for brand new pilots who have never
flown before, its a very basic sim for newbies to get a feel for the sticks.
2017-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-1-20 16:56
You correct in saying 'better than nothing',as you said,this sim is for brand new pilots who have never
flown before, its a very basic sim for newbies to get a feel for the sticks.

Yes, it has to be a benefit, or they wouldn't have bothered including it.
It's interesting that the background is so barren. Perhaps so not to distract the users. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-20 17:02
Yes, it has to be a benefit, or they wouldn't have bothered including it.
It's interesting that the background is so barren. Perhaps so not to distract the users. ;-)

I would agree with the latter. It's best to get used to having your eyes on the prize, sort of speak.
2017-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-20 18:27
I would agree with the latter. It's best to get used to having your eyes on the prize, sort of speak.

DJI-Jamie, Yup, I always figured that. No distractions.
Have you checked out RealFlight X?

RedHotPoker

2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-20 18:38
DJI-Jamie, Yup, I always figured that. No distractions.
Have you checked out RealFlight X?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vowyKukbnw

I haven't tried them, but they look pretty cool. The first one seems like it's a FPV racing mod.
2017-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, with its great camera view from the drone, just like wearing the goggles.

I look forward to picking up a copy of RealFlight X for myself.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-20
Use props
Paul419
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496266 ft
United States

I'm new to this altogether but I love the Phantom. How do I get to the DJI simulator?
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules