best tablet
1658 12 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
billmutt
New

United States

I am using a 7in android device, however it in not one on the tested list. It meets the specs and works for everything except the live stream is not at all smooth. I want to purchase a dedicated tablet for drone use only. I prefer to stick with android device but am looking for advice on a 7 or 8 inch tablet to get. I don't need phone use only for the drone. I would love some advice from other users on what works good before just picking on off the list
2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

i use the ipad air and works fine. after starting on iphone which kept working fine even when i got low storage warnings. the tablet shows better on the large screen. however, it does not have a gps.
although the small screen makes it toughter to understand the landscape the drone flies into (get confused to wether goes or comes towards me), the extra gps on the phone comes handy to using follow me mode. people kept reporting though that the location the phone is reporting to the drone may be wrong due to phone getting the location information via local networks (happens to be connected to), or even that the phone gps is simply not reliable enough. This last thing i tend to believe because phone gps is meant to work with maps and accuracy is not big deal in that case (location overlaps with street and form a 10m circular area in most cases becomes a 2 to 5m chord representing the street overlapping the circle. dividing that by 2, gets a 1 to 3m accuracy all the time. but for follow me to work, the full 10 area is taken into account, which gives a 5m error and the subject is always off center of the screen).
2017-1-20
Use props
Big Poppa 45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7799 ft
United States

Hello, I am using the Galaxy Tab A 7" purchased from Amazon, ordered on 12/31/2016. So far I have not had any issues with the DJI Go app, or connecting via Wi-Fi. As in your case, I have it dedicated to the service of the drone.
2017-1-20
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

Nvidia Shield K1
2017-1-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You might take a look at the Nvidia Shield K1 which has a nice 8 inch screen.  Memory is expandable with up to a 64 gb SD card and the Marshmallow OS allows it to be converted to internal memory.  

Here are some more ideas, courtesy of msinger:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2017-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

All though you prefer to discuss Android possibilities, please don't discount the awesome Apple iPad Air2 Cellular.
It's a little workhorse, that has been completely exceplary for my dedicated device.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-20
Use props
fans834be470
New

Canada

I have a Samsung Tablet 7" 4.2.2 Kernel version and had my first flight today and everything was pixelated was not happy at all and the glare was awful I don't like apple products would I need to upgrade to a new tablet is my version not supported?
2017-1-21
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

I have the Samsung Tab A 8 inch which works well with an occasional glitch. I would have purchased the K2 if it had been available at the time. (Now it is).
2017-1-21
Use props
Pete43
lvl.1

United States

I had an old Kindle Fire 7 that worked good with my Phantom 3s. The video onscreen was pagey and no GPS. It was a little under powered. I got a Nvidia Shield K1 8" today. The video while flying is fluid 95% of the time. It's not as bright as the kindle. I opened both the Shield and the Kindle to the DJI app  white front page and the Shield wasn't near as bright with both turned up to full on the brightness sliders.
The Shield is having WIFI connectivity problems. Works good for 30 mins then looses connection (off an on) to the phantom.. Does the same with my house WIFI connection when it's doing it on my Phantom.
My Motox pure phone connects to the drone fine too..  
2017-1-21
Use props
Pete43
lvl.1

United States

Update on my Nvidia Shield. I reloaded the operating system. (Deleted the updates) and it seems fine now! I flew out to 600 meters today with no problem.  And I really like the GPS. Google maps work now kinda.
2017-1-22
Use props
srfcocoa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259974 ft
United States

Nvidia Shield K1 here
2017-1-23
Use props
Pekik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995397 ft
Indonesia

Samsung Galaxy tab S2
2017-1-24
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Although just a bit larger, I have been using a Nexus 9 since a while now and I'm quite happy with it.
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules