ESC Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse1ad5db4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1652575 ft
United States

Hello,

I am getting an ESC error. I think it is either a bad motor or one of the ESC chips on the mother board. I want to do the repair myself, but I am wondering if there is a way I can isolate the issue with using some sort of diagnostics tool. Is there anything that I can run on the drone to analyze the problem? How can I tell what the problem is before I start replacing parts?

Thanks!

Bert
2017-1-20
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

The traditional method has been to try a different motor on that same ESC, Then you see if the problem persist.  then try the questionable motor on an ESC that you know is good and see what the results are.  If you do Narrow it down to an ESC then you have to Replace it to a new one by soldering it to the FC and PDB, as far as I know this is about the easiest way.  
I have never popped open a Phantom and looked at it (Someone with more knowledge then I will hopefully step in) However with these proprietary  platforms I would think you're best bet would be to send it to DJI.  Reason being is that you're limited on what you can do program wise... You cant exactly open up clean flight and make any needed adjustments, if that becomes required.
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules