Skins for Phantom 2
4051 18 2015-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josephgartrellw
lvl.1

Where is the best place to order cool skins for the Phantom 2?
2015-2-17
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

If you want the best selection eBay
2015-2-17
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

I purchased mine from the eBay dealer JATO provided above. The quality is good and the shipping was fast.  I went with the plain red for visibility reasons - not so much for decoration.   I caution you however, check the vent holes on your quad's arms when you install the skin.  My vent holes were slightly covered up and I had to trim the skin to ensure all the vents were open.

RED SKIN

RED SKIN

TSP181
2015-2-17
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

nice tsp, how easy was it to install?  any minor issues other than the vents?  any other tips or suggestions?
2015-2-17
Use props
josephgartrellw
lvl.1

I found basic skins at Slickwraps. The site seems legit, so I'll probably order from there. They have good skins for the GoPro and the controller too. Here's the link.

https://slickwraps.com/carbon-se ... or-dji-phantom.html
2015-2-17
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

JATO Posted at 2015-2-18 04:57
If you want the best selection eBay

Good god, so many cool skins, only one Phantom . . .
2015-2-17
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-18 06:47
nice tsp, how easy was it to install?  any minor issues other than the vents?  any other tips or sug ...

Comes with good instructions and was Pretty straight forward to install.  Being vinyl it has som flex.  The biggest challenge is alignment (I missed a bit on the smallest section) and bubbles.  But neither are a deal breaker.
2015-2-17
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

I'm still thinking about giving the body shell a carbon dipping.
2015-2-18
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I've seen those carbon dips and man they sure are awesome looking. I really like them, I'm just not willing to completely disassemble my drone and spend that kind of money. I was willing to spend $10 for a can of spray paint, masking tape and a couple of decals.

Are you going to do it yourself or send the shell out? What color? If you do please post a picture so I can be green with envy.
2015-2-18
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

JATO Posted at 2015-2-19 02:15
I've seen those carbon dips and man they sure are awesome looking. I really like them, I'm just not  ...

A buddy of mine is a self employed car lackierer (is that the correct term?). He also carbon dips car parts. He'd do my phantom for a special price (I hope).

You are right, it's the disassembling part that is still keeping me from having it done. I would go for the black carbon dip like this guy did
2015-2-18
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Now that is a nice looking Phantom! It's almost to pretty to fly.
2015-2-18
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes, i love it.  i wish i had the cojones to take mine fully apart and get that done.  i just dont.  which really is a shame as that thing is beautiful.
2015-2-18
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

josephgartrellw Posted at 2015-2-18 07:05
I found basic skins at Slickwraps. The site seems legit, so I'll probably order from there. They hav ...

I got my wrap from slickwraps.com.  great product and you can get the matching controller wrap as well.  Shipping time was a bit long. Then again I'm in canada.
2015-2-19
Use props
Moto70
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I own my own design/graphics business in the UK and this is something I am going to offer once my Phantom 2 arrives!!!

What worries me about these skins is that I am guessing that they won't use higher end vinyl and stick (no pun intended!) to the cheaper/thicker vinyls...
2015-2-19
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

moto, if you use higher end vinyl, i'll be your first customer!
2015-2-19
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

Moto70 Posted at 2015-2-19 20:50
I own my own design/graphics business in the UK and this is something I am going to offer once my Ph ...

Moto, do you have a Photoshop template for the Phantom 2 by chance?
I'd like to try my hand at skinning my Phantom.

Thanks!
2015-2-23
Use props
Moto70
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Not yet but as soon as my Phantom arrives I'll set one up...
2015-2-23
Use props
TXWally
lvl.1

United States

If you do this, I'd like to put in a request: Bottom skins.

Tops look nice, and easy to cut out, and apply, but I'm usually looking at the bottom side of my quad.
Thanks
2015-2-23
Use props
Moto70
lvl.2

United Kingdom

TXWally Posted at 2015-2-24 05:21
If you do this, I'd like to put in a request: Bottom skins.

Tops look nice, and easy to cut out, a ...

I've already thought the same thing, I want a dark underside...
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules