DJI GO 3.1.2 - Critically Low Voltage Warning
4610 10 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1592057 ft
Poland

Warm battery, 17 mins of flight, about 30% of remaining battery juice and... Critically Low Voltage Warning  Land as soon as possible, or battery will be damaged.
After that 5 mins of normal flight until typical Critically Low Power. Aircraft Landing.
Battery temp. 25-41'C
Battery life 93%, 30 times charged
No problem with battery according to healthydrones
I had never this warning with previous DJI GO versions.

Battery.jpg
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

There are two possible reasons for the forced landing:
1.) The battery is powered on in low temperature conditions and it does not reach the ideal temperature, the voltage will decrease sharply while taking off. Then the app will display ""Critical Low Battery Warning"" and force the aircraft to land. It is recommended to keep the battery temperature around 20 degrees centigrade.
2) If fully pushing the control sticks when the battery power is low (about 40%), the propulsion output is too large and the voltage may suddenly decrease and lead App to prompt warning.
Please slow down the speed for pushing the throttle stick when the aircraft is landing or fly the aircraft to a safe zone and land.
Also you can discharge the battery then charge it again, and check whether you have the same situation or not.
Besides, may I know what mobile device you're using? please try to delete the APP and re-install it.
2017-1-22
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 03:52
There are two possible reasons for the forced landing:
1.) The battery is powered on in low temperature conditions and it does not reach the ideal temperature, the voltage will decrease sharply while taking off. Then the app will display ""Critical Low Battery Warning"" and force the aircraft to land. It is recommended to keep the battery temperature around 20 degrees centigrade.
2) If fully pushing the control sticks when the battery power is low (about 40%), the propulsion output is too large and the voltage may suddenly decrease and lead App to prompt warning.

Look above, I wrote everything you ased for.
Mobile device - Samsung S5. Temperature of battery never below 25'C.I had some flight with temperature of battery about 15'C, agresive flghts, and no warning like this. Today it was slow flight with, flight with the wing wind, at the same altitude.
Below you have battery temperature profile.
Battery1.jpg
Battery2.jpg
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

user3b6acfd98a Posted at 2017-1-22 04:05
Look above, I wrote everything you ased for.
Mobile device - Samsung S5. Temperature of battery never below 25'C.I had some flight with temperature of battery about 15'C, agresive flghts, and no warning like this. Today it was slow flight with, flight with the wing wind, at the same altitude.
Below you have battery temperature profile.

Please discharge the battery and full charge it again, then check the battery info on APP. You can post a screenshot for battery info here, thanks.
2017-1-22
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 04:33
Please discharge the battery and full charge it again, then check the battery info on APP. You can post a screenshot for battery info here, thanks.

It's screenshot of battery info after it's fully charged.
Screenshot_20170122-182110.png
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

user3b6acfd98a Posted at 2017-1-22 09:24
It's screenshot of battery info after it's fully charged.

According to the battery info, it's working fine, please fly it again in a suitable environment and check the performance again.
2017-1-22
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 19:13
According to the battery info, it's working fine, please fly it again in a suitable environment and check the performance again.

It was really strange, because I flow a lot in much worst environment than yesterday. Very stable flight, no aggressive one. It was my second flight on DJI Go 3.1.2, on first (except wrong remote control position - known bug) everything was ok.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

user3b6acfd98a Posted at 2017-1-23 09:23
It was really strange, because I flow a lot in much worst environment than yesterday. Very stable flight, no aggressive one. It was my second flight on DJI Go 3.1.2, on first (except wrong remote control position - known bug) everything was ok.

Please try to fly it in again and keep us posted with the performance, thanks.
2017-1-24
Use props
fans9c883551
New

United States

I had this happen to me yesterday, while I was flying over the ocean!

The immediate landing of the craft could have lost me my copter! Luckily I was able to override the controls to get it back to land.
This is definitely something that needs to be addressed, it might not be safe to land where the craft is currently. It should return Home rather than try to land where it's at.
2018-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I nearly forgot about this, this too happened to me for the 1st time the other day, battery was at a bout 40% i think, it was about 5ºC outside, battery was warmed to 21ºC in hover after take off, If i remember correctly i may have been in sports mode, no auto landing /rth was initiated, i was only about 60m high and 60m out, i just brought i straight back in and changed battery.
2018-1-15
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

fans9c883551 Posted at 2018-1-15 21:24
I had this happen to me yesterday, while I was flying over the ocean!

The immediate landing of the craft could have lost me my copter! Luckily I was able to override the controls to get it back to land.

Realize a critical state battery could result in it catching fire or bursting then catching fire.  While in your case you were fortunate and avoided such peril it was still possible none the less.
Meaning, it is best to land immediately to not only save your battery but your bird too.  In your case while it may not have been possible, those are then the risks you take when flying over the water.
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules