DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus & Naza M V2 (Feet vs Meters) & Mini IOSD
4503 10 2014-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaellabonte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 784905 ft
Canada

I personally own a lot of DJI products. Most recently I added a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus to my fleet while on vacation. I changed the phantom 2 flight controller to Naza Mode, which is better but still has some limitations. One nice thing I noticed is that it allows me to select feet / meters or even miles.

Why is this not implemented in the standard Naza M V2 flight  controller firmware? These two units are extremely close, with few differences. I don't know why DJI cannot extend this simple fix into the next Naza M V2 firmware update.

Also, the Mini IOSD - I have it on near seven machines. Meters only is a terrible option, there should be a feet option. I don't live in the United States, I live in Canada, and I am an active commercial pilot. Most of us involved in actual aviation are more familiar with feet than meters.

This is a simple conversion which again is an easy implementation for DJI in the next Mini IOSD firmware update.

DJI please listen to these requests, I know a lot of people have brought this up, these things are all over the forums....
2014-10-5
Use props
JerEl
lvl.2

Poland

I agree it's needed.  I'm an old dude and used feet and MPH for many years.  It's hard to get a grip on this metric business and I even printed a chart with conversions to use that I keep under the tray of my controller.  I figured out the rough 3' to a meter but when you get up in the hundreds it's hard to fly and do conversions in one's head to keep track of where you are when using an iOSD on a video monitor   It isn't a BIG deal but something that many of us would appreciate.

Please DJI!
2014-11-9
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

+1  We are not asking for world and i thought that what this forum is all about.
2014-11-9
Use props
laketravis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7211 ft
United States

Add my vote for a telemetry firmware change from meters to feet...
2014-11-12
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

or just an option
2014-11-12
Use props
nbuckmaster
New

United States

+1 on reading in feet...
2014-11-14
Use props
mitchell
New

United States

JerEl Posted at 2014-11-10 10:56
I agree it's needed.  I'm an old dude and used feet and MPH for many years.  It's hard to get a grip ...

I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars  on DJI product. Although support is slow and not too willing to give up needed information in a timely manner they are the best out there bar none. Being a commercial pilot we deal in feet and MPH/knots not meters and the lack of any option in the software to change this is not acceptable anymore.  Time to make this simple change and make many people happy.

Mitch
2014-11-14
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I'm in on that too.. i need feet And mph too..  a current sensor and mah consumed would also be a real handy measurement to include
2014-12-22
Use props
bymac77
lvl.2
Portugal

I for one I'm so glad to see it in meters. Tired of US oriented products with its wierd and egocentric units of measure.  Join the WORLD in the SI system (Internacional system)
2014-12-23
Use props
xswamix
lvl.1

United States

I've got news for you, ICAO (run by the U.N.) has been grabbing (buying) influence over global aviation from FAA for quite some time and will be dominent if it continues, so we all better get used to MKS (otherwise known as the Metric System).  The trick is to think in it thru familiarization, don't try to convert back and forth in your head, just like learning a foreign language the right way (or staff music to tablature if you play guitar).  Oh yeah, one other thing, you probably will be communicating w/ATC in French or Mandarin eventually!!
2014-12-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

xswamix Posted at 2014-12-28 17:04
I've got news for you, ICAO (run by the U.N.) has been grabbing (buying) influence over global aviat ...

I agree with you.  I have been using the DJI systems for more that two years and now when I have the option to convert to Feet or MPH, I choose Meters and MPS as I know what those mean to me in the real world.  Your analogy to learning a new language is appropriate to moving from Imperial to Metric.
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules