Which Android app for P4 / Go 4
1145 12 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hangman3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79692 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Phantom 4 so need the Go 4 app. Due to less than perfect eyesight I need a tablet of a minimum of 8". The Samsung tab s 705c that is recommended doesn't seem to be available in the UK, so are the other S series tablets up to the job? What are the minimum requirements of any Android tablet to run DJI Go 4 with a P4. Would I be correct in thinking that any tablet with GPS, Minimum 1.9GHz CPU, & 2Gb RAM would do the job?. What else would be needed? as there are some other non brand name tablets around with a high spec & a whole lot cheaper.
2017-1-22
Use props
Rob Fontenot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250197 ft
United States

Lots of folks seem to have success with the S2 tablet.  I use the Nvidia Shield and am happy with it.  With any Android tablet, a lot of issues can be resolved or minimized through optimal configuration as a flight rig (debloating unnecessary apps, turning off wifi and notifications during flight, etc.).
2017-1-22
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Might wish to change the word "app" in the topic to "device" so others may read and reply.
2017-1-22
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sorted. Now looking to get a Samsung tab s 705
2017-1-26
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-1-26 03:00
Sorted. Now looking to get a Samsung tab s 705

Not shore how to edit titles.
2017-1-28
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-1-28 08:16
Not shore how to edit titles.

Edit your first post. You can edit your title then.
2017-2-2
Use props
Seanspin
New
Flight distance : 21493 ft
United States

Rob Fontenot Posted at 2017-1-22 19:55
Lots of folks seem to have success with the S2 tablet.  I use the Nvidia Shield and am happy with it.  With any Android tablet, a lot of issues can be resolved or minimized through optimal configuration as a flight rig (debloating unnecessary apps, turning off wifi and notifications during flight, etc.).

I have the Nvidia Shield K1 and am now having issues with DJI GO 4 app crashing on me while in flight. Have you had similar problems? I contacted DJI and they tell the the device is not recommended for it.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Seanspin Posted at 2017-4-5 10:03
I have the Nvidia Shield K1 and am now having issues with DJI GO 4 app crashing on me while in flight. Have you had similar problems? I contacted DJI and they tell the the device is not recommended for it.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app recently? If the tablet was working prior, did you recall if it was after any app updates or a Android software update?
2017-4-5
Use props
Seanspin
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-5 12:06
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app recently? If the tablet was working prior, did you recall if it was after any app updates or a Android software update?

The Tablet worked fine with the previous DJI GO APP, but first flight with DJI GO 4 is when it started. Other than occasional glitchy while videoing, had no trouble before. I almost completely only use shield for Phantom 4.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Seanspin Posted at 2017-4-6 08:46
The Tablet worked fine with the previous DJI GO APP, but first flight with DJI GO 4 is when it started. Other than occasional glitchy while videoing, had no trouble before. I almost completely only use shield for Phantom 4.

Just to clarify, do you happen to have plenty of memory left on the device? Have you tried clearing the cache on the app to see if it helps?
2017-4-6
Use props
Seanspin
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-6 12:40
Just to clarify, do you happen to have plenty of memory left on the device? Have you tried clearing the cache on the app to see if it helps?

5.95 gb of 11.95GB is used. Cache is cleared regularly. The DJI GO 4 app  crashed 6 times in 3 first flights. I had been using the previous go app and worked perfectly... DJI support tells me the SHIELD does not support. I am running 7.0 Android. I am a bit frustrated because it was working great on the last release of regular GO app.
2017-4-6
Use props
Brian Fist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19928 ft
United States

Seanspin, the whole problem is Android 7 Nougat.

If you roll back to Marshmallow (6.0.1) you should be fine.

If you look up some of my posts in regards to testing I have done I have found that 5.1.1 on a LOT of devices seems to be ideal.  On certain others 6.0.1 works "good".  I have yet to find someone say that 7.1.1 Nougat is flawless, as most have the same "exits out of the blue without warning" issue.  I ran into it myself under 7.1.1 on a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 as well as a Nexus 7 2012.

If it makes any difference, the Pro+ controller is running 5.1.1 and they still have issues with DJI GO 4 running on their own built-in tablet.

I, and a lot of people, can only hope that the time being taken since last month is being well spent in regards to fixing these issues with DJI GO 4 on the Android platform.  It would be horrible for them to release another revision, add in even more features, but have these same issues exist.  I can only hope all the feedback on the forum here is going up the support chain to the management of the development teams and the person in charge of Android development/support has a fire under them to get this app solid.

So, fix the Android app, fix the tilted horizon gimbal issue and deal with some of the other well known issues and make a good percentage of your customers happy.  That should reduce the amount of complaining on the forum here and allow everyone to focus on the important part, enjoying their aircraft.
2017-4-6
Use props
Seanspin
New
United States

Brian Fist Posted at 2017-4-6 17:06
Seanspin, the whole problem is Android 7 Nougat.

If you roll back to Marshmallow (6.0.1) you should be fine.

With that bit of info I think I will give my Galaxy NOTE 3 with 5.1 a try until DJI gets the app working properly with 7.0. They have to accept there IS a problem though... I really appreciate the help. If they keep messing around and not fixing it, I guess I'll role back my SHIELD. THANKS!!
2017-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules