Misty morning in Pennsylvania.First video. Tips and suggestions pls.
733 6 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd1cc2c91
lvl.2
United States

Hi everyone,

So here is my first video using Mavic. I have shot this with default settings and no post production.

As this is my first drone footage I would like to get some feedback so i can improve on this.
1)What should be the ideal length of video so that viewer doesnt get bored.
2)Are the shots too slow or too lengthy

2017-1-23
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK...Overall, nice video.  Looks beautiful and a place I would like to go visit.  Quit place to be for deep thoughts, etc.

Keep in mind, any video you make, you want to tell a story.  Transitions are smooth, nothing is jerky, and lighting is for the most part good.

Could have totally left out the going up into the fog (never want that thing to leave your sight) and back down with the words scrolling up (if anything, the words kinda ruined the video in this case).

Try not to use the same scene twice even if it is a different angle...unless your trying to tell a story and need it again.

Please don't take me the wrong way, I have a video background and I am not here to offend you in any way.  Like I said, good video.

2017-1-23
Use props
fansd1cc2c91
lvl.2
United States

That was a great feedback and what I was looking for. I will keep in mind for my future videos. Thanks a lot!
2017-1-23
Use props
fansd1cc2c91
lvl.2
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-1-23 10:57
OK...Overall, nice video.  Looks beautiful and a place I would like to go visit.  Quit place to be for deep thoughts, etc.

Keep in mind, any video you make, you want to tell a story.  Transitions are smooth, nothing is jerky, and lighting is for the most part good.

That was a great feedback and what I was looking for. I will keep in mind for my future videos. Thanks a lot!

Adding as reply.
2017-1-23
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd1cc2c91 Posted at 2017-1-23 11:03

Adding as reply.

your welcome
2017-1-23
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Looks extremely smooth.  Did you have the Mavic in Tripod mode or are you just that good on the joysticks?

I re-watched it and I see why you are so smooth.  The movements were all forward, up and down.  There were no rotation of the Mavic or movements of the gimbal.  That's your next test!
2017-1-23
Use props
fansd1cc2c91
lvl.2
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-1-23 11:14
Looks extremely smooth.  Did you have the Mavic in Tripod mode or are you just that good on the joysticks?

I re-watched it and I see why you are so smooth.  The movements were all forward, up and down.  There were no rotation of the Mavic or movements of the gimbal.  That's your next test!

That's right. I didn't have any turning movements in the video.Have to try that.

Also i chopped of few jerky sections from the footage to make it smooth.
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules