Its me again... unfortunately
1199 7 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaceX80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 458599 ft
Ireland

You may remember me from such customer service horror stories as....

http://forum.dji.com/thread-79781-1-1.html

and....

http://forum.dji.com/thread-80874-1-1.html

Well here I am again, updating you all on the latest.

Just a summary before we begin! As some of you may know, I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro from DJI on December 6th 2016. It arrived on December 14th 2016 and suffered a total power loss and crashed. Even though the crash was a drone error and not my fault, DJI tried to charge me for repairs, thankfully after a bit of a battle DJI repaired the drone and sent it back to me free of charge as a warranty repair.

Well it arrived today and I was disappointed to note that every time I turned the drone on, a dreaded warning came up on screen. The warning says "Gimbal Pitch Reached Movement Limit" I tried everything from downgrading and upgrading the firmware on DJI assistant 2 to imu and gimbal calibrations. I then got in touch with tech support and they made me go through the same steps over the course of an hour before telling me that the Phantom 4 Pro needs to go back to the repair centre. It needs to go back to the repair centre that it just arrived from!

I paid DJI nearly €2000 euros on the 6th of December. It is now the 25th of January and I still cant use the product I purchased. When it arrived it failed, then DJI tried to make me pay for repairs and now, I receive a repaired drone that needs to go back to the repair centre, I am awaiting the email from DJI for the collection.

I have no words to describe how angry I am, can anybody from DJI please finally get this situation sorted??

2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don't know if this will help but can't do any harm to try. Good luck..

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=260008
2017-1-25
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Really not good and it must be a bad experience....  How can the best drone company in the world create such a bad image of after sales / repair service??  Hard to understand.  Its like shooting yourself in the foot.
2017-1-25
Use props
PKPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

Are you able to confirm that the 'repaired' drone is indeed the same one that you had originally sent in? By that I mean, do the serial numbers match?
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DaceX80, very sorry for your unpleasant experience, we do understand how frustrated that must be.
We're concerned much about your feedback and will take care of your case.
Just to clarify, what's your DJI account ( e-mail address)? thanks.
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That is very frustrating. I'm stymied.
Can't imagine your feelings after going through all of this, then rinse and repeat!!

Hopefully it will be corrected, and you can get back to flying your drone with joy, and utmost happiness...

Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
DaceX80
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-25 18:25
DaceX80, very sorry for your unpleasant experience, we do understand how frustrated that must be.
We're concerned much about your feedback and will take care of your case.
Just to clarify, what's your DJI account ( e-mail address)? thanks.

alanhennigan@live.ie
2017-1-26
Use props
DaceX80
lvl.2
Ireland

PKPhantom Posted at 2017-1-25 10:14
Are you able to confirm that the 'repaired' drone is indeed the same one that you had originally sent in? By that I mean, do the serial numbers match?

Hi. Good question and something i was going to bring up with DJI but I may as well post it here. They tried charge me for repairs to the faulty quadcopter they sold me, but thankfully, they agreed to provide it free of charge. They sent me a long list of the parts they were replacing too.

I bring this up because the quadcopter I have now, its serial number inside the battery housing  does not match the serial number of the quadcopter I sent back. The serial number on the box is the same but on the actual product its different. I dont know why that is, so i hadn't mentioned it yet.

To be completely fair, in the email telling me that the repair was being sent back, DJI did provide me with the correct serial number for the actual quadcopter I received. I just dont know why its different.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules