Mavic battery on amazon
989 11 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Can someone from DJI please give me an update why I can't get my mavic battery shipped by Amazon?  I ordered this battery back in December and now the shipping says February 10th?  Called amazon and they can't offer any details.  What's the deal with batteries now.  I see people getting them all the time.
2017-1-26
Use props
Hectorburns7626
New

United States

This is my go-to quadcopter store.. called in a few days ago, they've got'em

http://www.builtdrones.com/dji-m ... ht-battery-3830mah/
2017-1-26
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Because they are on pre-order.

"This item will be released on February 10, 2017.
Pre-order now."
2017-1-26
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

i ordered one on Tuesday  from dronenerds.com via ebay. Tracking shows it being delivered today at my home in virginia
2017-1-26
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I understand what preorder means.  The original preorder date was jan10th.  Then it changed to Feb 10th.  For a battery.  I have a gift card for Amazon so I need to get it there.  My question is why are these on preorder??
2017-1-26
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

What could the answer to that question possibly be other than there weren't enough batteries to satisfy the original demand?
2017-1-26
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Got my spare battery last month from abt. Make sure they're in stock before you order. Amazon is awesome if you're prime member, but stuff from China is better off ebay or directly from China (gearbest, fasttech, ect..)
2017-1-26
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I am a prime member.  It just sucks because the battery is paid for by a gift card or I would cancel.  I just don't understand the shortage I see people buying batteries everyday.
2017-1-26
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-1-26 12:03
I am a prime member.  It just sucks because the battery is paid for by a gift card or I would cancel.  I just don't understand the shortage I see people buying batteries everyday.

Yeah not sure. Surprised to find one last month when apple didn't even stock them. They had the props in store though.
2017-1-26
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

I am a big fan of Amazon. I order products at least twice a week for many years now. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on Amazon.  I would definitely buy in-stock DJI products from Amazon just because it is so easy to return products to them if there is a problem. However, I did not get my Mavic from Amazon. Amazon is not an authorized retailer of DJI. So, they are probably not the best place to try to get a DJI pre-order/backordered item in a timely manner. DJI will surely ship to authorized retailers and direct to customer orders first.
2017-1-26
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I did order on announcement day (Sept 27th) from Amazon (the DJI site would not take my order at that time due to overwhelming traffic) but confirmed they were an authorized re-seller.  No issues with warranty support (I had a camera focus issue and got a prompt repair under warranty)
2017-1-26
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Remember, almost all of Amazon's business is logistics - they warehouse, process, and deliver products for 3rd parties.  I strongly suspect the the 3rd party in this case, probably NOT DJI, has not yet had their bulk order delivered to Amazon - or, more likely, they're still counting their pre-order quantities to get the best quantity price from DJI.  
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules