MAVIC, MALFUNCTIONS
1701 7 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9dde9932
New

Canada

Recieved the mavic yesterday.   out of the box,  fwd camera cant calibrate.   so no avoidance or landing assist.   
-  calibrate on the assistant doesnt work.
- IMU calibrate didnt work.  
-firmware is uptodate.

result
-2 hrs on the phone with technical, no soulution
- have to send it back
- instead of having a new drone will recieve a refurbished one.  
(this is not favorable as i bought a new drone, and end result will be a used one)
- no UPS in the area, so have to pay for shipping.

have to admit this is not a good start with DJI.

plus i am going on holiday next week wthout the drone.   
2017-1-26
Use props
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

Well, that's no good!  Sorry to hear about this.  DJI is pretty hit or miss on this stuff.  Hope they take care of you quickly at least.
2017-1-26
Use props
dashriprod
New

United States

Same problem here. It gets to 85% of the calibration and no further. Tech support is pretty much useless. Very dissapointed
2017-1-26
Use props
mscarohaley
lvl.1
United States

That is poor customer service, if you pay for a new drone you should get a new drone. They sent you a bad product and you should get what you paid for. I would make more calls to them if I were you, no way I'd settle for a used drone that's probably already been sent back for it's own issues.
2017-1-26
Use props
fans9dde9932
New

Canada

There is nothing the phone support people can do.  DJI limits their capabilities for these situations.   no point arguing with a guy/girl who can't do more..    It is not a very good experience so far.   
2017-1-26
Use props
fansa43d109d
lvl.1

United States

I received my mavic on the 17th and out of the box the IMU wouldn't calibrate. I sent it in for a replacement with no update as of yet.
2017-1-26
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Sent my Mavic back after two months from delivery with a faulty camera. The Mavic will be ready for collection today from my nearest UPS centre less than ten days from the time the repair facility in Holland received it. I followed the RMA procedures having help from admins and other members on this forum. Having a DJI admin "escalate" my case proved the best way of ensuring a successful outcome that afforded great communication during transit, repair and return back.
I can only speak from my experience, but hope that you appreciate not all cases are the same. I don't count myself lucky as I've read about so many cases starting and ending with a similar outcome to my own. The OP on the other hand has been unlucky, and I hope you get this resolved soon.
2017-1-27
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I read somebody in another post that said that the latest version of the DJI Assistant app didn't complete the calibration, but that he went down 1 version and it did complete successfully
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules