Peak Focus Threshold - Android/Pixel XL
1096 9 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

Canada

I've read the peak focus threshold can be used with Apple products, anyone hear if or when this might be added to Android app?
2017-1-26
Use props
AndyD47
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9314 ft
United Kingdom

I was wondering the same thing. Was using iPad mini with Mavic Pro but bought an Android  tablet to use as cheaper to replace if lost or damaged. lo and behold,
2017-1-29
Use props
AndyD47
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9314 ft
United Kingdom

AndyD47 Posted at 2017-1-29 04:24
I was wondering the same thing. Was using iPad mini with Mavic Pro but bought an Android  tablet to use as cheaper to replace if lost or damaged. lo and behold,

Sorry, did not finish previous post before accidently sending. Here is what I meant to say!

I was wondering the same thing. Was using iPad mini with Mavic Pro but bought an Android tablet to use as cheaper to replace if lost or damaged. lo and behold, no focus peaking with android app. DJI have major issues with software consistency as well as known Customer Service issues.
2017-1-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes, and strangely enough there is sold more than 4 Android phones globally for each Apple last yer.

Regards Leif.
2017-1-29
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

Canada

Thank for responding, was starting to wonder if it was just me who is shocked by the inconsistancies by DJI on the software side... Thought this would have been noticed and corrected by now for android users, especially as Landbo has also stated, android by far and away out sells apple in the global market place.
Anyone aware if there is somewhere else one might bring this to DJI's attention in a more formal request?
2017-1-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Yes, Android outsells Apple, but Apple models are fewer and offer a reasonably consistent hardware platform, whereas the aOS ecosystem is wide and varied, a bit of a moving target for developers. I speak as a QA engineer for a company that has developed apps for Apple, Android and, sigh, Blackberry.

That said, the Mavic remote out of box has the Apple connecting cable, which suggest to me that DJI buyers are more likely Apple owners. Otherwise, you'd expect a Micro-USB connector to be pre-connected. Of course, it could also be that DJI employees prefer Apple, but you'd think they'd go with the option that leads to fewer support cases.

Anyway, the moderators here appear to be recommending submitting bug reports and feature requests through the Go app as the formal channel to support.

2017-1-30
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

They are still testing new firmware releases, I am sure there will be updates soon.
2017-1-30
Use props
track5
lvl.1

United Kingdom

+1 for adding Focus Peaking to the Android version.
2017-2-1
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-30 12:26
Yes, Android outsells Apple, but Apple models are fewer and offer a reasonably consistent hardware platform, whereas the aOS ecosystem is wide and varied, a bit of a moving target for developers. I speak as a QA engineer for a company that has developed apps for Apple, Android and, sigh, Blackberry.

That said, the Mavic remote out of box has the Apple connecting cable, which suggest to me that DJI buyers are more likely Apple owners. Otherwise, you'd expect a Micro-USB connector to be pre-connected. Of course, it could also be that DJI employees prefer Apple, but you'd think they'd go with the option that leads to fewer support cases.

Hi.

Customers are completely indifferent to whether a coder seemed one OS is better than the other. No, customers want a stable software for the phone/pad they already have.

The attitude you express, has previously killed a Company !

Regards Leif.
2017-2-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-2-1 04:33
Hi.

Customers are completely indifferent to whether a coder seemed one OS is better than the other. No, customers want a stable software for the phone/pad they already have.

Agreed, just trying to offer a little perspective on why there are more problem reports on aOS devices, and why DJI might favor iOS.
Curious, though, what "attititude" are you referring to?

2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules